Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #1

Question about sleeping/mattress.

I have the A122. A few bed questions from a newbie:

(1) The mattress has a plug for the heater cord. Is this considered the foot of the mattress? Once the controller is plugged in, should your head or feet go at the end with the plug? Also, where do you put the controller while you sleep?

(2) The counter above the microwave seems like a nice bedside table. What's your preference? Do you to sleep with your head on the end with the sink or the other end next to the microwave?

(3) Now that the nights are getting cooler, do you still use your EZ Fan? Do you like to leave the window open just a crack?

I am a long time tent camper who has never had these luxurious before. Sorry if they seem like dumb questions.
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsu View Post
I have the A122. A few bed questions from a newbie:

(1) The mattress has a plug for the heater cord. Is this considered the foot of the mattress? Once the controller is plugged in, should your head or feet go at the end with the plug? Also, where do you put the controller while you sleep?

(2) The counter above the microwave seems like a nice bedside table. What's your preference? Do you to sleep with your head on the end with the sink or the other end next to the microwave?

(3) Now that the nights are getting cooler, do you still use your EZ Fan? Do you like to leave the window open just a crack?

I am a long time tent camper who has never had these luxurious before. Sorry if they seem like dumb questions.

I don't have the heated mattress, so I can't make a comment about the it or plug.

You can probably sleep with your head at either end. Personnally, I like to sleep with my head away from the "Cool Cat" due to the fan/compressor noise. Since it is a heat pump as well as an air conditioner it will continue to be useful even in the colder months. The microwave cabinet makes a great bedside table. In our unit, it is THE night time table for almost everything that can get placed on it - books, wallet, keys, electronics... it seems to get loaded up every night!

Our fan will be "on" in our camper at least until the temperatures get below 60 degrees. I believe my wife disagrees and probably wants it "off" now. I know she likes the night time noises... of course, she will win!

I know that we both like an air flow - The window(s) and fan door are almost always opened a little bit - except during heavy rains.

There are no dumb questions on this forum - unless I ask them!

I can honestly tell you that we have completely enjoyed our transition from 30+ years of tent camping to going to our A frame and are having a great time!
DGrissom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #3

Hi, we have the heated mattress but have never plugged it in. We sleep with our head on the sink side as we have a TV on the microwave side set up higher on a couple of plastic pull out drawers in which we store canned & dry food. From what I have heard from other people on this forum the heater in the mattress takes a few hours to even get warm. Find a good sleeping bag to match the temperature, and you will probably be happier.
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #4

Plug at feet
Head at micro side
Usually leave window open a crack to reduce condensation
Will use an elec blanket too in pre-winter camping (late nov-early dec)