Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #1

Questions: small table & lube the roof.

(1) I followed the advice of others on this board and purchased this table to replace the heavy factory one since I do not need two beds. It's light and very easy to open/close. Another nice feature is that you can turn it sideways and it stretches perfectly between the two dinette benches and frees up the leg space in between.

Amazon.com: Lifetime Personal Folding Table: Patio, Lawn & Garden

After I closed it up and placed it on the floor, it dawned on me that it would probably slide around while towing the camper. For anyone who has used one, how have you locked it in place? Any other suggestions?

(2) When I opened the roof today, it seemed to stick a little. There seemed to be some occasional dirt on the the inner part of the roof where the inside slides open. What type of cleaner should I use to clean this? Water would probably work. Also, does anyone every lubricate this part of the roof? Thank you.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #2

For the table have you considered using gripper fabric like is used in tool boxes or drawers. I use a piece on the floor for my crates that is use for transporting food and gear, then use the crates stacked as shelves when setup.

That might work well for keeping the table from sliding around. Maybe lit a duffle bag on top for added weight to hold it down from bouncing around.

Re: roof lubrication. I've not noticed any need for lubrication. The pivot points are at the front and back hinges and won't need lube. If you are referring to where the plastic slides meet between the roof sections, I have also not seen any wear or need for lube. If you have buildup of dirt or other 'stuff' along the slide points, I would just suggest cleaning with soap and water.

If accessible some wax on the ceiling surface might aid with easier sliding across the surface.

Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Table Option

We had an over sized heavy table in our VCROSS Vibe 6504. After a lot of online surfing I came across this small 24 inch diameter table. (with cup holders, great for the kids). It also came with mounting hardware for the floor. Table pops out easily when not in use, and is extremely light weight.
Attached Images

Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #4

I opted for the Coleman 4 in 1 tables which can be used separately or hook together and fold up like a briefcase for storage. They have 3 height levels, can be set so one goes under the other like a T. And fit either direction between the benches, total weight of 12#
See Amazon.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:44 AM   #5

Both tables look great. Where do you store your table when you close up the camper? Does it slide around? That's what I'm worried about.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Winnipeg,Manitoba-Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsu View Post
Both tables look great. Where do you store your table when you close up the camper? Does it slide around? That's what I'm worried about.
The round table sits in a "receiver" that is screwed to the floor, so it can not move around. There is a circular metal tube that pops out of the floor receiver if you want to temporarily remove the table. (ie: for travel). The table top also quickly unscrews from the top of the pedestal.
It is so light weight (I think about 7 or 8 lbs) and small (24 inch diameter top) that is is quite easy to store. We usually just pop it under one of the kids bunk foam matresses for travelling.
Paul, Darcie, Li & Yan
pdchristensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsu View Post
I always have a large tote with dry/can goods, roll of snow fence for dog area, and usually a collapsible chair on the floor as well so not much room for anything to really slide. I carry a small suitcase also there. Less to move from TV when I set up. I'm waiting on tables as the first set received last eve had a UPS ding through box to table surface/so returned for exchange, but they looked nice till I boxed up again for return/lots of good reviews on Amazon.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #8

I use Simple Green/ Home Depot for everything. It's gentle but does a great job on almost everything.