Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2016, 07:28 AM   #21

Spend $140 and get extendable power tow mirrors.
2011 HD Road King
Nights camped since 2019.....all of Em...Homes a 2001 Sea Breeze 36' 5 ER
yetavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post
Spend $140 and get extendable power tow mirrors.
Hey, I got a 2004 Chevy Silverado extended cab SLT 2500 HD. how about a link to the site where I can get those extendable power tow mirrors, sure would like a pair and the best price I can find is around $190 plus shipping
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Hey, I got a 2004 Chevy Silverado extended cab SLT 2500 HD. how about a link to the site where I can get those extendable power tow mirrors, sure would like a pair and the best price I can find is around $190 plus shipping

03 06 Silverado Sierra Tahoe Pickup Towing Mirrors Power Heated LED Signal Pair | eBay

search Ebay, I have bought 2 sets from AM-Autopart without complaint
2011 HD Road King
Old 07-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetavon View Post

search Ebay,
Thanks for the response,

Unfortunately I do not do Ebay anymore. I recently purchased an item from Eurocampers.com and used Ebay to pay for the product. When the product arrived it would not fit the Mercedes Benz Sprinter cab as indicated. I sent pictures to Eurocampers.com as requested and when they told me there was nothing wrong with the fit, I filed an Ebay complaint hoping to get the issue resolve.

Eurocamper.com basically lied to Ebay in response to my complaint ,by telling them that the pictures I sent did not indicate a problem with the product. Ebay would not allow me to respond to the accusations made and determined that if I wanted a refund, I would have to pay to return the product.

Ebay also told me that I should have read the fine print prior to ordering from Eurocamper.com. It seem that Eurocamper.com had a clause that stated the customer was responsible for return shipping charges regardless of whether they sent correct item or if it was damaged when it arrived.

Ebay now only protects the seller because they are the ones who pay the fees, therefore, I have closed my account with them and refuse to deal with any Ebay sellers ever again.
ShermanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #25

sorry to hear your Ebay issues
try Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Heated-Telesc...er+tow+mirrows
2011 HD Road King
Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
I've had the big tow mirrors on other vehicles and wasn't pleased with them. I installed the rear view camera which connects via wifi to my iPhone or iPad. Using that I can see everything going on behind me.

Here's a picture of the setup using the iPad mini:

Another pix showing the view on the iPhone (I use it more than the iPad because the iPad usually has TomTom navigation running):

BTW, these pictures taken while the TT is parked about 300 feet away from the TV. I used a Sharx camera because of the 1900 his resolution display and I didn't have to get a separate monitor. Works great on the "I" devices and will also work on Android smartphones.
I am interested in your setup, what model Sharx camera are you using?
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneDude 8289 View Post
I am interested in your setup, what model Sharx camera are you using?
I got the Sharx 3904 mini. Mine is the "-W" wide angle version but I've found the normal field of vision camera is just as good and the images are slightly larger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TN...-FL&ref=plSrch

The 120v plug that it comes with is just a converter to supply 12vdc to the camera. I cut a matching cord off one of the 5000 old power supplies laying around the house and spliced it into the existing TT wire for the Furion camera. Very clear instructions on initial setup done via Safari or any other browser.

The router is hidden in a forward cabinet It also uses 12vdc and gets its power by tapping into an overhead light above the bed.

Two disadvantages are the camera does not remember the date/time when powered down and there is a less than ½ second delay when viewed on a shartphone or tablet. The time issue is just an annoyance that takes about 15 seconds to reset via the phone. You only need it to show the data on the recorded video file, which can be turned on or off along with audio recording. The delay issue is hardly noticeable and is tweaked by adjusting the refresh rate and resolution. Even with the standard mirrors any vehicle within 500 yards or more is fully visible.

Using the iPhone I just let it rest at the bottom of the instrument cluster...works fine in the Ram but not sure about other brands. The iPad mounts to the A/C vent with an Okra universal mount.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0155...BoL&ref=plSrch