Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I've only ever seen diesel refers.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"
Look close and you will see the propane tank under the box on some of them.

wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
I've only ever seen diesel refers.

TURBS
2015 camping "4 nights"
But you only travel in Iowa.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
But you only travel in Iowa.
I've been to thermoking.......
There not that far away

TURBS
2015 camping "4 nights"
Old 05-07-2015, 01:42 AM   #24

Look at your burner when your pop out is pulled in. I had the same problem as have several RV'ers that i have met. On all instances the hose that feeds the refrigerator and some times the stove as well gets pinched off under the pop out when the pop out is pulled in. With your pop out pulled in you can disconnect the propane hose to the burner assemble and see if you have any gas at that point.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
What about propane trucks and cars that run on propane, motor homes, etc.?
You are asking a question to answer a question. I travel to Florida several times a year and I can not go through the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel. Max Propane is 10 pounds. Nothing to do with on or off. I have to use the by-pass around Baltimore. I guess the answer is every State have their own laws. Now I do know I can go thru the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel the restrictions are different. I do run the fridge on propane when underway.
#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:36 PM   #26

Ya guys know we have this wonderful thing called Google that helps you find out actual stuff instead of sitting around guessing.
Here are the requirements for the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel

Quote:
COMPRESSED GAS REGULATIONS
For Non-Commercial Vehicles

Maximum capacity: (a) Not more than two non-permanently mounted containers having maximum individual capacity of 105 pounds water capacity or 45 pounds LP-Gas each, or one container having maximum capacity of 60 pounds LP-Gas, or (b) not more than two permanently mounted containers having maximum total capacity of 200 gallons water capacity LP-Gas when used as a motor fuel. Tanks must meet the approved standards of the Department of Transportation and are subject to inspection at toll plaza. They must be properly secured and valves closed while crossing the facility.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #27

In Virginia, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, Hampton Roads tunnel. and the Monitor & Merrimack tunnel, RV must stop for inspection prior to entering the tunnel, they ask that the propane is turned off. They could inspect but usually take the drivers word. They are very courteous and just doing their job, there are pull offs on the other side of the tunnels if you wanted to turn it back on, I just usually wait till my destination.
Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:18 PM   #28

poonel, I am sure most of us know Google and can access information if needed . I already know what the regs are for the Chesapeake Bay bridge Tunnel. Besides the rules you posted are generic every tunnel and bridge have their own safety standards .
#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:53 AM   #29

Its illegal in most of Canada to travel with open Propane bottles. I haven't noticed any automatic cut of valves in the RV's that I have owned and so if there is an accident and the line is open you have an open spigot on the propane bottle discharging through an open line with a live ignition system from fridges etc ready to ignite it. Look at Google and you will find examples of these ignition sources torching gas stations etc. Get a 12v fridge if need be. Most Dometic fridges will hold up for at least 8 hrs+ without going outside recommended cooling temperatures.

Tags
propane, refrigerator, towing