Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #1

Refrigerator won't light

I'm moving out of state on wanted to load food into the camper refrigerator for the trip. I tried to light the refrigerator and it won't start and I'm in a bit of a panic.

The propane tanks are full and on, I turn it to high, turn the gas knob on and hold it down, and hit the ignition button 3 or 4 times.

I reviewed the manual and I think I'm doing it correctly. It has always lighted before -- have I gone brain dead since I used it in January and forgotten something??? Is there anything that can fail in this system?

Any suggestions hugely appreciated. I need it lighted now.
2011 Toyota Tundra
wayfaringgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

If the tank has been off for an extended period of time, it will take time to purge the line of air. Try starting the stove and let burn a few minutes and then try to light the frig a few more times.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

Listen to what the OldCoot says..........he knows of what he speaks .

Also, when turning on the control tap of the propane tank, turn it on slowly.........sometimes this makes a difference for the gas to flow. I dunno why.........it just does......sometimes.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #4

just be patient like the above posters say ... give 30 seconds or so .. with pressing down on the gas nob .. it should be all good.
just in case it isnt, there is a little door thingy at the bottom of the stack, it allows you to ignite it manually if the ignition is botched up ..

d-mo
Old 04-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #5

If your stove lights up good, see above. If the stove flame is low do a google search for "resetting bbq regulator". If this is the case, make sure you shut off all propane appliances before you close the tank valve next time.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #6

Thank You Everyone!!!

You were right - I had turned off the tanks when I got home in January (I camped in 14 degree weather and was ready to stay home for a bit) so it took time to get the gas through. I was patient and it fired up perfectly!

I think this is such an awesome forum and group of people. Thank you so much for your speedy responses.

Gale
2011 Toyota Tundra
wayfaringgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringgirl View Post
You were right - I had turned off the tanks when I got home in January (I camped in 14 degree weather and was ready to stay home for a bit) so it took time to get the gas through. I was patient and it fired up perfectly!

I think this is such an awesome forum and group of people. Thank you so much for your speedy responses.

Gale
Glad you got it figured out and got it started. Have a good year camping.

Tags
light, refrigerator