Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2018, 02:12 PM   #1

Replace 4 burner with 2 burner stove?

Anyone ever remove the 4 burner stove and replace it with a smaller 2 burner unit to use the extra space for more storage? I rarely use more than one burner at a time so a 4 burner unit for me is a waste of space.

If you've done this please share pics.

Thanks
p40whk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
World Traveler Member

Mine came with a 3 burner stove and oven that I never use except for storage. A194HW. I did remove my microwave mainly because it keeps breaking on these California hwys and when I need it I toss it in my TV and put on a table outside.

I use the microwave space for other things that do not interfere with the inside wiring.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #3

My 2014 A122 had a 3 burner stove with the hinged glass cover. Lots of problems with that holding together on Texas roads.

My new 2019 T21TBHW has a 2 burner stove, with a 1 piece cover. It looks like it might hold together better. We'll start finding out Saturday.

Have never used the inside stove except to light to get gas running for the fridge.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T12TBHW
2008 Hyundai Entourage
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
My 2014 A122 had a 3 burner stove with the hinged glass cover. Lots of problems with that holding together on Texas roads.

My new 2019 T21TBHW has a 2 burner stove, with a 1 piece cover. It looks like it might hold together better. We'll start finding out Saturday.

Have never used the inside stove except to light to get gas running for the fridge.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T12TBHW
2008 Hyundai Entourage
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
I have a 2017 TBHW, have had it for over a year now, no problems with the stove and glass top. The microwave has had to be shoved back in more than once, (thankfully it never fell out completely) finally gorilla glued the screws in which so far has stopped it from popping out while on the road. I live in NM and travel between home, Colorado, AZ and Utah. Lots of awful roads out there.

And I have to add that I am having some oven envy as mentioned by the 2nd post above. I would have given up interior storage for a real oven. I have a small toaster oven but the keyword here is "small". Four slices of bread juuuust fit. I do have a Coleman campstove oven I keep meaning to try out.
tlspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 AM   #5

I've not found a decent 2-burner replacement for less than $450 that is recessed like my current stove. So, it will be a project that happens if I come across a deal.

Still have not decided on the Microwave area or not. There's a lot of space to be had there but I find myself using the microwave to reheat coffee quite often.

I also use a percolator rather than electric coffee maker so the stove gets use every day. My upcoming trip has us boondocking for 3 days so the percolator comes in handy for this.
p40whk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #6

Microwave is where you store the bread, ceral etc
Susanmcnabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #7

The Oven is our Bread Box !!!
Has been for more years than I can remember !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #8

We own a 2016 T21TBHW, 3 burner stove and have used two burners at the same time when making pancakes on a Coleman flat griddle, works great. We use the microwave to cook corn on the cob, reheat a cup of coffee or heat up a "beanbag" heating pad for those sore joints. No plans at this time to modify those two areas.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #9
World Traveler Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p40whk View Post
I've not found a decent 2-burner replacement for less than $450 that is recessed like my current stove. So, it will be a project that happens if I come across a deal.

Still have not decided on the Microwave area or not. There's a lot of space to be had there but I find myself using the microwave to reheat coffee quite often.

I also use a percolator rather than electric coffee maker so the stove gets use every day. My upcoming trip has us boondocking for 3 days so the percolator comes in handy for this.
I also use a gas top percolator for coffee, and in the winter it is just enough to heat the trailer and in hot times, I make it outside with Coleman stove. I like other people use of the oven for bread items. I do like my microwave for my coffee but on boondocking, I have to start my generator.

Tags
burner