Old 04-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Before I forget - the reason my lid flew off was that the tech didn't secure it after opening up the lid.
I lost 2 lids on my Niagara because the self-service tech didn't secure both screws on the cover. He had to pay for them as well.

That Camco hard cover is nice. I'll look into that when my unit gets here. Maybe a rivet and a short piece of fishing leader wire would secure it from loss the next time I, rather the tech, forgets to fasten it properly. .

It is also good to know about a hard cover for the spare. Maybe spending some time surfing the Camco web site for ways to solve other problems that don't exist yet will relieve my anticipation.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
I lost 2 lids on my Niagara because the self-service tech didn't secure both screws on the cover. He had to pay for them as well.

That Camco hard cover is nice. I'll look into that when my unit gets here. Maybe a rivet and a short piece of fishing leader wire would secure it from loss the next time I, rather the tech, forgets to fasten it properly. .

It is also good to know about a hard cover for the spare. Maybe spending some time surfing the Camco web site for ways to solve other problems that don't exist yet will relieve my anticipation.
When I looked closely at the newest replacement cover hardware I was happy that it had changed slightly so there's a better chance of keeping it intact.

A member here on the forum shared a mod that he did. He cut a piece of plywood in an oval shape and added some type of handles. The cutout is placed on top of the tanks. This created a cubby area that he use for housing the sewer hose. Many of us have smaller tanks than the cover so this place for storage could be handy.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:29 AM   #13

So I ordered one. Of course, it wasn't until it arrived that apparently I ordered the 30# model. It'll still work for the 20s, but is taller and may not be a good match.

I need to move my propane tanks forward a smidge to make room, which requires a longer extension hose for the gas.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #14

so I did the camco switch myself .. and am pretty happy with the product. to prevent the lid flipping off if unscrewed .. for whatever reason ... just reverse the tank cover. I must have the new model, cause it survived a 1800 mile trip with no issues.
i am interested in the hard cover for the spare too .. but have never seen it ... anyone have pics?

d-mo
Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #15

I also searched for the hard spare tire cover and came up empty.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote