Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 09:21 PM   #1

ROCKFORD A212HW just ordered

I just had my camper ordered by the dealer the other day & was told I would be contacted when the camper is shipped from the warehouse and when it arrives.
Is there a way to get a status update on what stage the camper is at by calling forest river prior to being shipped? Didn't think it was possible but thought I'd ask, anyway.

I thought it would be nice to call and they say "it's currently in framing" or "interiors being installed"
AZ Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Camper View Post
I just had my camper ordered by the dealer the other day & was told I would be contacted when the camper is shipped from the warehouse and when it arrives.
Is there a way to get a status update on what stage the camper is at by calling forest river prior to being shipped? Didn't think it was possible but thought I'd ask, anyway.

I thought it would be nice to call and they say "it's currently in framing" or "interiors being installed"
Short answer is no. The factory probably can't - and I'm pretty sure wouldn't - try to field calls like that from every consumer who orders a unit. Would you call GM and ask where your new Chevy was in the production schedule?

That being said, your dealer should have a production schedule, by week, for everything they ordered. Start there.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #3
Site Team

THIS^^^^^
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Short answer is no. The factory probably can't - and I'm pretty sure wouldn't - try to field calls like that from every consumer who orders a unit. Would you call GM and ask where your new Chevy was in the production schedule?

That being said, your dealer should have a production schedule, by week, for everything they ordered. Start there.
Using (GM bailout motors)isn't a good example.
A camper isn't an auto and they don't make campers on an assembly line like gm. And I doubt if anyone try calling them anyway, it was just a question.

I'll go that route with the dealer.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Camper View Post

Your salesman would be your best contact point. Usually within two weeks of an order being placed the dealer will know when the unit will be built. I talked with a rep and he said 30 aframes are built per day, they may be built only once every 30 days. So if there are 50 orders in line yours would not be build for two months.
sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer330 View Post
Your salesman would be your best contact point. Usually within two weeks of an order being placed the dealer will know when the unit will be built. I talked with a rep and he said 30 aframes are built per day, they may be built only once every 30 days. So if there are 50 orders in line yours would not be build for two months.
That make sense, thanks.

Far cry from comparing to GM.

Tags
ford