Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #1

Rockwood A122, first time out

We took our new A-122 out this weekend for its maiden voyage. We were only able to spend one night in it. We found we had much more room in it than the aliner. The bed with a mattress was much more comfortable than the cushions in the Aliner. The sink was very low, so I found it worked better to wash dishes on my knees, just needed a good rubber mat to put under them. Got to try out the water heater, the stove, the heat pump and the furnace. All worked well. The only problem we found was something leaked under the sink. Don't know if it was the drain or the water line. Has anyone else had a problem with this, and if so what was the problem?
Laura
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #2

The faucet needs to be tightened. When either the hot or cold water is turned on, the faucet leaks. We had the same problem with our new 2608WS in January when we got it.
Momma Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #3

Thanks Momma Tac we will check it out tomarrow
Old 04-08-2012, 07:46 PM   #4

Good deal! You should post in the A-frame forum...some real first hand experience over there.

LM
loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #5

I can't seem to find the A-frame forum. Tell me how to get to it please.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #6

It's under "Tent Campers / Truck Campers" in the sub forum "Tent Campers, A-Frames and Pop ups"

LM
loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Site Team

Camco makes a dish pan that fits most RV sinks. I love mine! I used it for soaking dishes, dish washing and find it to be really useful for larger dishes. I think you could place it on the counter or table for dish washing. Its a little taller than most dish pans which is the main reason it works so well.

If you had two pans one could be used for dish washing and one to hold the cleaned dishes until you rinse them. Another use for the pan is its a great food holder like for fresh fruit or bread products during traveling (in the sink or elsewhere).

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #8
Mostly Harmless

Glad you had a good time in your new unit. By the way, there's a Rockwood dealer closer to you than Omaha. It's Bob and Jo's RV in Guthrie Center, about 40 miles west of DM. They told me they sold two truckloads of hardsiders in the first few months of 2011. They also have good service folks.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #9

We have enjoyed our A122 for over a year now. No leaks under the sink for us, but it's probably just a loose connection somewhere. We never do dishes inside. Our solution has been to set up a dish washing station next to the outside shower, since it has both hot and cold water and the spray handle makes it nice for rinsing. The station consists of a small table and two plastic bins; one to wash and one to rinse. After we're done, the water gets poured into the sink which is connected to a collapsible 5 gal water jug. The 4 foot table easily stores on top of the mattress when traveling.
toleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #10

Love the idea of using the outside shower for dishes. . . Filed user "Must Do" for this season!
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #11
Mostly Harmless

Something else I just thought of, Laura June: the water filter under the sink. If the clear plastic filter housing isn't completely tight or if the large rubber O-ring inside is missing, it'll leak under pressure. There should have been a water filter wrench included with your new owner materials. I didn't know what it was until I emailed the dealer to ask what the white plastic bubble blowing ring was for. Naive, I know.
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 04-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #12

Leak

One must be careful when checking the filter housing is properly tightened. You can actually cause it to leak by over tightening. They usually provide instructions for threading on the filter housing. Usually handtight then a 1/4 more.

Hob782
A-Frame interested.
hob782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
Mostly Harmless

Good to know. Thanks!
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hob782
One must be careful when checking the filter housing is properly tightened. You can actually cause it to leak by over tightening. They usually provide instructions for threading on the filter housing. Usually handtight then a 1/4 more.

Hob782
A-Frame interested.
So I this same vein (not to detract from the original post). Is there a plate replacement for the domed filter housing? I'd love to regain that space without having to plumb a bypass. I won't put the filter back in as flow was way too severely restricted.
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #15
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep4Two View Post
So I this same vein (not to detract from the original post). Is there a plate replacement for the domed filter housing? I'd love to regain that space without having to plumb a bypass. I won't put the filter back in as flow was way too severely restricted.
Gary said it wasn't a big deal. He measured and cut a short piece of water pipe, glued two 1/2" couplings to it and gently tightened the couplings to the existing thumb screw thingies that were attached to the filter top using Teflon tape on the threaded ends. He said there was plenty of "give" in the water lines for the modification.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
Flagstaff 22FBS

Laurajune, this dish drainer, that is made for RVs, works great for me. It fits very well between the sink and wall in our A126.

This photo shows the little drain hole where the water drips back into the sink:

And it stores for travel nicely under the sink. I have more room under there with the water filter gyzmo eliminated. I am very cautious when it comes to leaks. It looks crowded, but is actually lightly loaded with plastic dishes and cups, etc. The fittings and lines on the lower left have only a few hand towels and wash clothes stored on them. I use pencil baskets to keep spices and other things upright and orderly. Never put heavy objects or pressure on/against any of the fittings or water lines.

Hope this helps,
Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a122