Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2019, 10:50 PM   #1

Rockwood A214HW Mysterious Water Leak

Hello - We have a 2019 Rockwood A214HW hard-side, high-wall pop-up that we love! However, we have a mysterious water leak. It is intermittent and has happened on both City Water and when we are not hooked up. We have a throw rug by our bed, under the AC/Water Pump Heater. From time to time, a section of the rug gets wet with what seems like a 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water. However (and here’s the mystery) NO OTHER part of the trailer seems to be wet - the floor, the cabinet under the dinette, the AC/Heat Pump unit, the underside storage cubby...all dry! We cannot find the source of this leak. When we took it to the dealer, they replaced the cone filter on our City Water system and thought they solved the problem, but it’s back.

Anyone else experience this situation? Any ideas?

We welcome any suggestions. Thanks!!
TrainersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #2

The most common leak I have had in my 2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW (same as Rockwood A213HW) is when something spills in the fridge. Depending on the quantity, it then flows all over the place in the forward half of the camper. Other leaks I have had:
  • Strainer at the inlet side of the pump when I cross-threaded the connecting hose.
  • Inlet hose to the outside shower cold water valve was loose.
  • The fresh water filter case cracked when a metal game box hit it while towing.
  • Most recently, the fold down sink faucet was not totally shut off, and the water system left pressurized.
For the last one, I have started turning off the water pump, and depressurizing the water using the outside faucet when breaking camp. We usually store some dry items in the sink when trailering.

I have also heard of the Cool Cat floor drains not being lined up properly to drain condensation from the A/C (or clogged). In my 2 A-frames, the floor drains were lined up with the Cool Cat, and I got puddles on the ground in humid climates. You have to crawl under to properly check these.

Fred W
2019 Flagstaff T21TBHW A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time

pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
OYO

Fred's suggestion "turning off the water pump, and depressurizing the water using the outside faucet when breaking camp" is a must. This is on our "break camp" checklist.

A connection on the cassette toilet failed once while underway. We had the pump off, but had not released the preasure.

Not sure that's your issue, but good advice.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #4

Thank you both for this info and these suggestions. I’m thinking it might be the Cool Cat, or possibly a leak from the water pump under the bed. Will continue to monitor and hopefully resolve soon! The problem is intermittent - which is both good and bad. Thanks again!
TrainersMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, rockwood, water, water leak