Old 10-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #1
Rockwood Warranty

Among all the complaining that sometimes goes on about companies that won't stand behind their products, I'd like to tell you all about our experience.

We made a tremendous trip this past summer that spanned the last week of July into the first of September. We went to Alaska via the AlCan highway, the trip of a lifetime. Saw unforgettable scenery, critters galore, whales, eagles, bears, you name it, we saw it. All this in a Rockwood A128S.

The camper performed admirably, did everything it was supposed to, set up in just a couple of minutes and kept us warm, safe and dry. It was as easy to operate as the salesman promised.

But it wasn't without casualties. A bumper that was supposed to cushion the peak of one side from the window frame of another vanished mysteriously, leaving a big gouge in a window frame. The hinges on the gable end of far side of the trailer cracked and adhesives holding the little curtain that hid the hinges on both ends let go.

Under warranty, Rockwood REPLACED the entire window, frame and all, both side hinges and covered all the labor. That is a warranty that means something and service that everyone needs to hear about.

So, a huge thank you to Rockwood and to Joe's Camper Sales in New Ulm, MN, for doing the job. We didn't even have any paperwork to sign when we left with our camper today!

Oldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
Always good to hear a happy ending. Glad you got good service from the dealer and the manufacturer. This beats some of the horror stories we see from time to time on the forum. Happy trails! Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your excursion (expedition).

2014 Palomino Puma 25RS
2011 F-150 Super Crew XLT
Days camped in 2014 - 23
Camped 2015 - 47
Camped 2016 - 51 done - 6 more planned so far
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Thanks for sharing your positive story. We need folks to post up more good news like that.

2012 Rockwood A128 (no S)
2016 Ram Outdoorsman 5.7L Hemi 4x4
DanM-AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
Glad to hear you had a good trip and were still Under warranty, We made the trip this fall and are outside the 1 year warranty ( we are 2 years old.). My china bombs were duds, got home and one was almost bald and it did not go off. List of repairs that were needed. Fan started leaking, window started leaking, side of mico wave oven wood cabinet started falling off, the knock out in the side of the propane heater vibrated off and shorted out the igniter so it would not light. trim on bed is starting to falloff. the plastic trim around the ice box is starting to fall off, the hinge pin on one side wall came out 6 inches, the hinges have broken parts. The wear tape on both sides of roof wore thru ( replace with duc tape and it show no wear, go figure).
If we were buying again. I would buy another A-Frame, but high wall. Other brands seem to fall part too.
We now have about 20K to 25K on this trailer and about 150 nights.
And yes we had a good 6 week trip.

Steve and Adele
2014 Flagstaff T12RBST
2005 Toyota 4runner 4x4
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #5
Thanks! It's good to hear a positive story once in awhile. Forest River certainly did the right thing with me when I had a problem (it did not involve the dealer---I have no complaint on them either) . I'm VERY happy with FR!
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote

rockwood, warranty