Old 07-14-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

roof leak

heavy rains have produced water inside. it is a 2013 aframe. my guess my roof latches are too loose and are not making a tight enough seal. does this make sense? all the seals look good

Old 07-14-2014, 08:43 AM   #2

Always store with the front of the trailer higher than the rear. This will keep the water flowing away from the foam seal.

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #3

First, welcome to the forum, n2cruzn.

As to your question, yes, but not completely. A common source of leaks are the bubble windows on the top.

I would recommend keeping a close eye on things until the source of the leak is positively identified. After it is dried, you might lay some kraft paper over the folded down side walls, before closing and latching. Then spray water over it, towel dry the outside and reopen to see if that will pinpoint the leak.

ETA, closing up the trailer and running the Coolcat in cooling mode will dry it quickly.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:43 PM   #4

great point by tom ...
as for the leak .. the only one that i have ever had/still having is the bubble window .. right now its back in the shop.
mine has never leaked when down ... however at the end of the front upper roof panel there thin rubber blocks that stop water from penetrating the interior when the unit is closed ... they are black .. check .. you may have lost one ..
water is probably the worst thing to track down .. but luckily our aframes are pretty easy to diagnose.

d-mo
Old 07-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #5

Thanks I went to check again after rain last night, and sure enough there was a puddle near the gasket. I tilted the camper backwards.
Will the cool cat run off of 15amp service? House?
Old 07-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2cruzn View Post
Thanks I went to check again after rain last night, and sure enough there was a puddle near the gasket. I tilted the camper backwards.
Will the cool cat run off of 15amp service? House?
Sounds like you found your leak.

There is a big maybe on the 15 amp service. It has been done successfully, but is best with the least amount of wire between the breaker box and outlet and the least between the outlet and the 30 amp cable.

I have done it using a 25 foot 12 G extension cord to reach my 30 amp cable from an outlet 5 feet from the breaker. Use a "dogbone" style 15 to 30 amp adaptor (each plug on opposite ends of a ~1 foot wire) instead of the hockey puck kind. The latter style concentrate the two plugs in one small package and tend to dangerously heat up under heavy load. Check the voltage after the cool cat kicks in, just in case. YMMV

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, roo, roof