Old 09-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
Thanx Deb....I didn't understand it either. Please explain further so that others who may come across the same problem & need to know ow to correct it.

2lvrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
just to clarify ...
It was suggested to me by the dealer that the roof can be adjusted as per instructions from FR. This however did not work on the trailer that they did the repair on, and basically only turned into a tremendous logistical problem .. that they did not want to discuss any further.
if you look closely at these little trailers you will note that they are actually cut and pieced together with very tight tolerances. This adjusting that they did to the previous trailer most likely ruined the whole unit.
I have narrowed my roof pitch leak to the fact that the smaller of the two weatherstripings at the peak of the roof is not sitting correctly on the other, causing a small gap. This leak only happens when i spray a stream of water directly at the pitch ... it never does it during storms or heavy rains ..
So im leaving this issue alone for now ... as i truely believe that dealer fixes are far inferior to the origional manufacturer specs. If it happens during a rainstorm, which i dont think it will .. it will go back in for warrenty service.

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Rockwood Premier A126
OK, thanks D-mo for clearing that up.
Some service departments are better than others who go after repairs a little too briskly (i.e. like a bull in a china shop). I think you are wise not letting them fool with it too much and making things worse.

I expect that the design is new to Forrest River and maybe the R&D department hasn't relayed certain repair know-how with the service/repair end of the company.

Thanks for keeping us updated,

Deb & Gary
2007 Ford E150 cargo van, 2012 Rockwood Premier A126

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote