Old 08-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #1

Sadly my A122TH first's trip out was to the service bay

So I have had my 2015 A122TH for just over one week and today I had to drag it down to the dealership for a major repair. The AC in the unit just quick blowing cold air, the fans would run, I could hear the compressor kick on and run, but the air never got any cooler. So now I wait for the verdict.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #2

Fan set to auto or Hi/Low?

Should be auto.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #3

sorry .. but it doesnt really matter whether its hi/low/auto ..when on cool it should still be pushing out either cold air .... or when on heating mode ... hot air.

all should be good when you get it back ... most likely it will be replaced ..

d-mo
Old 08-11-2014, 08:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
sorry .. but it doesnt really matter whether its hi/low/auto .. it should still be pushing out either cold air .... or when on heating mode ... hot air.

all should be good when you get it back ... most likely it will be replaced ..

d-mo
I can only say that it does work, the lite was set to high and would blow hot air out the vents.

For more information.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fan+...com&gws_rd=ssl

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...y6tpGhrtK4vBpw
Old 08-11-2014, 08:17 PM   #5

Compared to some of the other stories I read about here, broken a/c is not too bad. Sucks to have on a new unit but better than a week after warranty coverage ended.

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:48 PM   #6

i do stand corrected .. the thermostat has to be lower than the ambient temp .. and the switch should be located in the cool position ... at this point it doesn't matter whether its in auto/hi/lo .. position ..

anywhoo .. its not a big deal .. its a the dealers now .. and it will be swapped out with a new one ... because no one knows how to fix these darn things ...

d-mo
Old 08-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #7

So more to the story, I have a local Forest River dealer but they didn't have any A122TH in stock so I ended up driving to a dealer an hour away to make my purchase. So when I decided to take the trailer in for repair I called the local dealer. I was then told because I didn't buy the trailer from them they charge a $115 processing fee to pull in in the shop before they could start any warranty work. They then said that they have a waiting list of at least a week before they could even look at it to see what was wrong. At this point, I am very annoyed and I called the dealership I bought it from and they could look at it right away and would not cost me anything. Hoping to hear tomorrow how long it will take to fix but as mentioned above I suspect it will require an entire replacement of the AC unit and that could take a few days I'm sure.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:42 AM   #8

That story seems to be typical of camper dealers. The factory cannot required them to do work on campers so they only service what they've sold. Especially during busy season. It is a disappointing reality to come face to face with the business end of RV camping.

You should look around any independent RV service centers near you that are authorized for FR warranty repairs. There are not many, but they are around, sometimes with a used RV dealer. A call to FR might help find one too.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #9
Camper Less Camping

I do hope one day the RV Dealers operate like the auto industry where you can take your vehicle to ANY Dealer's service dept and get assistance no matter who you bought it from...does make life simple!

Good Luck with your AC repair.

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear

Tags
a122, service