Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM   #1

Angry Screen Room

Well that was a wasted effort. Tried putting it up yesterday by my self. Slight Breeze 5 mph. Didn't get it up and did slight damage to the upper door. Decided wasn't worth the hassle. Now trying to figure out what type of awning Gazebo canopy to get. Suggestions welcome. If not will keep looking. BTW anybody want a Screen Room without the Velcro

Old 04-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #2

Screen Room

Lol are you giving up already....I love the extra space and the enclosure makes it part to the TT. Give it another try, I now could set mine up in the dark, on hard lot without using pegs, and was able to sustain strong winds in my East Coast trip last summer. Plus it looks good and stay inside on cold days, just open the door and use the heater of TT to keep you warm.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1397831344.473775.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	50168
This was on a hill and the screen room survived several wind gust, my neighbor's tent flew out of its pegs. I go in/out using the side entrance, the umbrella extended the tarp for raining days. The blue mini tent is where the generator is in, protection from the rain.

No other gazebo could do this set up...but I do have one for extra shade.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #3

I am an old tenter (everything from 2 man eurekas to Military Gp Mediums/larges) if I can't put a piece of fabric up in less than 45 minutes without damage to the trailer not worth it. So will get something else may try later after I have given it much thought. Say next year.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #4

To make it easier for you, set it up at home and leave the screen attached to the TT. I tried this once and it works but not great when wet. With practice I could set mine up less than 45 mins alone.

Get a good quality gazebo, mine broke after several setup, it is tricky setting it up solo: http://www.ezupdirect.com/product/4-...lon-sidewalls/
This one looks good and you could have sidewalls too.

Good Luck!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3204 View Post
Well that was a wasted effort. Tried putting it up yesterday by my self. Slight Breeze 5 mph. Didn't get it up and did slight damage to the upper door. Decided wasn't worth the hassle. Now trying to figure out what type of awning Gazebo canopy to get. Suggestions welcome. If not will keep looking. BTW anybody want a Screen Room without the Velcro
I would love to buy it from you and I'll pay the shipping if you are serious about not wanting it anymore. I can make it work without the velcro. Always wanted one of these but just too expensive for my tiny budget.
Thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #6

I have a brand new screen factory awning also/it just is not for me to go to all the trouble to put up/I live near charlotte nc and would consider selling/we have a ez up that takes five minutes to put up and no Velcro/dealer put up at purchase and he had hard time getting up/////
Old 04-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #7

ok .. anyone who wishes to sell their A frame awning .. i will definately take if off your hands ..
pm me with the price ... and we can work out shipping and payment ...

d-mo
Old 04-19-2014, 07:27 PM   #8

would discuss selling with some one from charlotte say 100 miles out or so//nc/sc or general area/
Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #9

Has any one seen an A frame with a rear awning. Like the concept just wondering if anybody has had any 1st hand experience with them?
Old 04-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgeline1 View Post
would discuss selling with some one from charlotte say 100 miles out or so//nc/sc or general area/
I would drive to Charlotte (I'm in Georgia) to buy it if the price is really right...but first I should wait until I hear back from OP as I have already offered to buy his first.

Tags
roo