Old 05-11-2014, 07:43 AM   #11
Retread Popup Owner

I'm looking forward to seeing one in person, Mike.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #12

Wojo...love the shelter tie down ideas and will copy cat you! Is there any tricks to putting in the dog augers. I had one for my cattle dog from hell and could never get it in the ground. I still have the dog after 7 years and realized that she really just want to be on a bed or a couch not on a tie out. But I really struggled with that auger.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #13

I've laboring the idea of purchasing the awning/screen room since the time I purchased my A194HW last year. Couldn't get past the $640 price until a camping friend mentioned the $1000+ he spent to replace the awning on his travel trailer. $640 seems like a good value for what I'm getting. DW and I are looking forward to the attached outside space.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:44 AM   #14
Retread Popup Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
Wojo...love the shelter tie down ideas and will copy cat you! Is there any tricks to putting in the dog augers. I had one for my cattle dog from hell and could never get it in the ground. I still have the dog after 7 years and realized that she really just want to be on a bed or a couch not on a tie out. But I really struggled with that auger.
It definitely depends on the ground. Hard or rocky ground can make it...challenging. I do keep a set of longer straight stakes to use when the augurs won't bite.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 AM   #15

Set-up time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko777 View Post
If you wish to extend your Aframe cabin space the screen room is a perfect solution. I leave my bed/s out during camping and use the extra room for cooking and dining.
Since I now could set up the screen room by myself within 45 minutes, I use it all the time, the extra privacy place is priceless.

Here in post #296 page 30 I did last year, pictures of my screen room and on how to set it up without using pegs
A128S Converted from ALINER Ranger use Webview to link correctly

Just secure the front top corners with rope to a tree, picnic table, car bumper, fire grill...be creative...lol not pegs, then it will survive any strong wind or gust which I experience last year, my neighbor's tent flew away with all its pegs.
Attachment 51743
The screen room and front tarp makes this a perfect setup in my last weekend trip because it rained most of the time, oh well no biking but it did not get wet lol
We're intrigued by the attached screen room notwithstanding something of a "sticker shock" over the price. Three questions, the most important one first: Do I correctly understand it takes 45 minutes to set up solo, and what might that be for a two-person set-up? Second, does the kit function as an awning alone, allowing quicker deployment if one doesn't wish to set up the full screen room? Third, must snaps or other fasteners be affixed to the camper roof or side panels to attach the awning/screen room?

Thanks for any feedback.

Fox58
Raleigh, NC
Old 05-23-2014, 01:14 PM   #16

Screen room

We bought an almost new Paha Que screen room from an Aliner couple. It takes two to set up but can be done in about 15 minutes. It is 10' X 10' with a floor. The walls are a combination screen with a full cover that can be used either way or roll them both up for just a covered canopy. No Velcro needed to be attached to the A124 Rockwood except for the screen room skirt that goes across the bottom of the trailer. The Velcro is under the trailer so it is not visible.
Please see my album 'Paha Que Sreen Room'
Old 05-23-2014, 02:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox58 View Post
We're intrigued by the attached screen room notwithstanding something of a "sticker shock" over the price. Three questions, the most important one first: Do I correctly understand it takes 45 minutes to set up solo, and what might that be for a two-person set-up? Second, does the kit function as an awning alone, allowing quicker deployment if one doesn't wish to set up the full screen room? Third, must snaps or other fasteners be affixed to the camper roof or side panels to attach the awning/screen room?

Thanks for any feedback.

Fox58
Raleigh, NC

1. If there is 2 of me setting up the screen room, 15 minutes to setup
2. No, there are no poles to support the TT wall side
3. Yes, the screen room is customize to the TT to make it an extension like another dining room
Old 05-24-2014, 10:21 PM   #18

Called the dealer to check up on my order. Dealer told me the awning screen room have been back ordered.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by catworker View Post
Called the dealer to check up on my order. Dealer told me the awning screen room have been back ordered.

Is your TT higher/taller than the older model? Just check if the screen room you are ordering is compatible...just checking.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:41 PM   #20

The dealer told me the awning/screen room are ordered to fit your A-frames model number.

Tags
roo