Old 08-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
My screen room will get its first full trial on a Labor Day trip to the beach. I may pull the trailer out and do a set up at home first. I am going to try ko777 pegless set up from above since the beach is a pretty poor place for tent pegs anyway.
Good luck, get a wider log, when the ground is not level the log lifts at the end. You could put a heavy water jug on it to push it down to the ground.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #12

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. If I have the problem at the beach, I'll just move a bit of sand around.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtann View Post
We finally put up the screenroom. We were surprised it was not as bad as some people said it would be to put together. It took us about 45minutes but the next time should be easy. I must say it does give a lot of extra room and looks good. We are finally going for our first trip next week. We had other trips planned but cancelled because of rain
Love mine too! I purchased and had mine was installed at the Rally and the techs who installed it suggested that I keep the top of it attached when I fold the trailer back up. I just put all the screen tent material inside the trailer. Just opened it up again for the first time since I came home and all is well! I just slip the poles in and am all set! Be careful not to get lost in all that canvas and screen as you are putting the camper wall up!
Cyndilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #14

Hi Cindi! Wish I'd taken the time to come over and see it at the rally. (I'm the messy guy who spilled my ice tea all over.) Wasn't that a great way to introduce myself??
Old 08-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Hi Cindi! Wish I'd taken the time to come over and see it at the rally. (I'm the messy guy who spilled my ice tea all over.) Wasn't that a great way to introduce myself??
Hey! It's good hearing from you. You'll just have to stop by next year because I certainly plan on being there, God willing. How are things in your part of the world?
Cyndilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #16

All is well here in Michigan. Hope to see you next year at the rally too. Two more trips planned here before winter. A week at Holland MI State Park and then a 2 week fall color tour to the Upper Peninsula. After that we'll be going to Florida in February.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #17

Hi Cindi. We're the folks with the white boxer who were parked just down from you in Goshen. Just came across your post. We were intrigued by your trailer and screen room as we'd never seen one like it. If we were younger (like you) I think it would be the way to go. We still have a lot of fond memories of our tent trailer.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #18

Thanks for this awning post. I'll be purchasing one in the spring.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #19

Hi, I have the same screen room. Tore the roof a few times till I got the nack of positioning the door to minimize stress while raising the panel. Typically we pack-up/close down first thing in the morning when the dew is still on it. To avoid having to remove the room, we lay out ground tarps to keep the interior dry. Despite these inconveniences, I wouldn't be without it!

Tags
roo