Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2012, 11:21 PM   #1

Second trip out

Hi all. I'm in my 12SC on the last night of our trip. First trip out was a nightmare. We went to the resort that gave us free camping with the purchase of this unit. Nuff said.

This is our second trip out and we have had a blast! This camper handles really well and is great in parking lots . Anyway, like many others here, the cushions are too thin for my taste so I invested in the air mattress. Makes for a great night sleep. Dishes, pots and pans go in the cabinet next to the fridge (I like the outside access feature while I'm grilling). I purchased an awning for this camper from another member of this forum and we LOVE it! It's a bit rough putting up with one set of hands but well worth it. We eat all of our meals under the awning...we've had great protection from the Phoenix sunshine and many people have commented on how cool this is. We have literally doubled our living space not to mention not having the western sun beating down on the side of the camper keeps it cooler.

My only frustration is the microwave....I cannot get it to work no matter what I do....I've set the clock and read the instructions. Tech support was closed when I called them and will try again tomorrow..

Deb
desertwilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Glad to hear the second trip is more fun. What's going on with the microwave? Which model is it?

We love pictures so feel free to share (if you want to).

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #3

Thanks, I will certainly be sharing pics...we even had a beautiful site this time with shade trees and landscaping very cozy. Anyway the microwave simply won't start when I hit the start button. It's a magic chef 900 watt unit.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
Site Team

Does it take commands from the other buttons except for "start"?

I had a similar problem with my microwave. Turns out being a short gal I couldn't see that the door wasn't fully closed towards the top of the oven. I have learn to give it a bit more pressure.

Do follow up with your service department. Most fix-its aren't as simple as mine was.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #5

It will take some commands from the number pad but will not accept anything from the defrost, frozen,fresh food type settings. Thanks for the tip though.. I'm going to retry the door tomorrow to see how things go.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Site Team

Will it run if you type in time like 20 seconds without changing other settings?

Check you manual for directions on inputting food selection or editing the power setting. I had the toughest time with this and couldn't understand why it wouldn't work. In short the RV microwave doesn't work anything like my house microwave.

Sorry that I can't be of much help. It was the 3rd trip before I was able to use the microwave (all user error).

Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #7

I found the same problem as Terier found that the door wasn't closed all the way. Had to give it a good bang to get it closed all the way then no problem.

Found out by getting a little upset and shaming the door shut then everything worked.
RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
Site Team

I couldn't say how many times I read the directions in the manual but without success in changing the power level. The tech figured it out and then the next time I read the directions it just *clicked*. From the beginning of time I had been doing the commands in the wrong sequence and ended up giving up.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertwilde View Post
It will take some commands from the number pad but will not accept anything from the defrost, frozen,fresh food type settings. Thanks for the tip though.. I'm going to retry the door tomorrow to see how things go.
I tested those buttons out today by pressing them first and the microwave started up right away so maybe the times are pre-set? I didn't have time to read the manual. My home microwave you select the time first then the power or food setting but the RV microwave is different. For example tapped the power button repeatly until it goes down to the desired power % before entrying the time period.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertwilde View Post
Hi all. I'm in my 12SC on the last night of our trip. First trip out was a nightmare. We went to the resort that gave us free camping with the purchase of this unit. Nuff said.

Deb
We HATED the free trip too!!! Such a rip off, they want you to sign up for their expensive membership... The spaces were so close, we could NOT put the awning out because it would have touched the neighbors! Keroke blaring, empty pool....no thank you.
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote