Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
Karen, I posted these pics to show where our filter is. I agree that someone did it just to be mean
It could have been placed right at the front since it has to be dealt with.

FOR SALE 2014 BOSS 6.2L F350
2012 Surveyor SV264
NW Oregon
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
Rockwood Premier A126
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
That would be great if one would fit under the filter. There is barely enough room to get the bowl unscrewed from the top part and it's got to be held perfectly upright or water dumps out.

It's the craziest set up! make it even more fun, there is something electrical under there..might be something for the slide.

I should get pics!
Good grief what a pain, loose that rascal! But in the mean time...
I like the bag idea and wonder if the pump off/open faucet suction might possibly help.

Deb & Gary
2007 Ford E150 cargo van, 2012 Rockwood Premier A126

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #13
Put a big towel underneath. I usually splash a bit, but not a lot.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Summer2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:47 AM   #14
World Traveler Member
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Nice! I'll have to show DH this.

We love our G'town but the location of the water filter is a ROYAL PITA. It's tucked into a small opening UNDER the corner of the bed. You've got to lay flat, contort your body to reach not only under but to the side & back of the cabinet. Of course, the filter is full of water and there is NO way to unscrew it and dump it without spillage.

I'd love to know the rationale behind the location. Surely, there would be a better place. I think the genius that decided to put it there did it just to be mean.
I agree its a bad location and when I got my A194HW I installed the water filter and it leaked until I got it tighten down and Instead of replacing it I bought a hose and portable water filter and Always use it to fill my tank and I hope to really not have to replace the inside filter since the water is pre-filtered! So, unless the filter container breaks I am good with No changes.
2014 A194HW
2004 Toyota 4runner V8 4WD
abdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #15
Left Coast
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
If your water lines to the filter are PEX, cut lines a little shorter and use Pex Shark-Bite push on 90 degree fittings and buy an external type filter for a house from HD or Lowes
Bob/Linda, 99 Dodge 2500 Cummins,2010 8280 Rockwood Ultra-lite 5er, PullRite Superglide----- I'm retired......but work part time as a pain in the ass!........... USMC.
bob caldwell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #16
A Zip lock bag under then around the filter housing will catch any spillage when removing it.
2015 A122S
CJofWolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #17
Who Dares, Wins
Originally Posted by CJofWolfcreek View Post
A Zip lock bag under then around the filter housing will catch any spillage when removing it.
Now that is a GREAT idea.. Wish I'd have thought of that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:26 PM   #18
If you are not going to reuse the filter remove one of the brass fittings and use the fitting to attach the pipes together. Do not forget to use the rubber washers that are on the end of the brass fittings.

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote