Old 08-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #1

Senior A Frame Trailer Campers

We are just curious as to how many of us Senior Campers own A Frame campers. We are in our second year of camping with our new A Frame and just love it. Our camping of 50+ years has taken us from an Army Tent to a large rig. We have now given up the big rig and wanted to downsize. We tried the pop up soft side, but that did not work out so well. Then we were introduced to the A Frame, and it is "just what the doctor ordered." Sort of a senior pun there. This A Frame now keeps up camping with a smaller rig and yet we have just about all the amenities of a large outfit. Happy Camping

Old 08-31-2015, 10:04 AM   #2

I currently have two campers: A Frame and 26 ft TT. A Frame is great for one or two campers in small campsites or short trips while the TT is great when camping with kids/grandkids or for longer periods of time. Sometimes we bring them both when group camping. Nice to have options.

There are seniors who have run the gambit having owned motorhomes, 5th Wheels and large TTs and return to the simplicity and ease of operation of an A Frame.

2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:00 PM   #3

We are senior A-frame campers. My wife and I just retired this past spring and our A192HW was our retirement gift to each other. We had 2 tent type popups prior to the A-frame. Now all we want to do is go camping (whenever lifes little problems don't get in the way).
Enjoy your A-frame!
Swampweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:16 PM   #4
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Even tho I'm a senior I still enjoy the room of a tt and when we had our to Yorkies it was nice traveling and camping with them. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:58 PM   #5

on these "A" frames campers can you run the propane water heater,propane frig and propane furnace at the same time? I can't seem to keep the furnace and water heater on at the same time
Old 08-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob P View Post
We are just curious as to how many of us Senior Campers own A Frame campers. We are in our second year of camping with our new A Frame and just love it. Our camping of 50+ years has taken us from an Army Tent to a large rig. We have now given up the big rig and wanted to downsize. We tried the pop up soft side, but that did not work out so well. Then we were introduced to the A Frame, and it is "just what the doctor ordered." Sort of a senior pun there. This A Frame now keeps up camping with a smaller rig and yet we have just about all the amenities of a large outfit. Happy Camping
We're seniors and we bought this t19hw last year. We used to tent camp 40 years ago. To us this is the best thing since sliced bread. Hook up and go.
For instance we're going for three day starting Wednesday. I'll put it on the driveway Tuesday ,plug in the fridge load up and go in the morning. 😀
Old 08-31-2015, 07:20 PM   #7

Senior Aframe camper

I have been camping in a tent for over 50 years but my wife can't get up off the ground anymore so easily. Saw this A128s coming back from Florida last winter and pulled it off the lot. Wow, does it make life simple. Even the shower is a welcome change. Going to spend a couple months in it this winter. I'll let you know how we do.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:24 PM   #8

I am a Senior retired with two Dobermans. I had a popup tent type camper for 4 years, but after back surgery, pulling out the bed ends was just too much. The A frame I have had now for 3 years is perfect for me, can have it up and ready in 5 minutes. Easy to tow with Chrysler Town n Country minivan.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:33 PM   #9

Guess I am over qualified for the "senior" title.. I'm 61. Most of the time it's just me in the camper. sometimes a dog. Just bought a 2014 Rockwood A122s. Like others i have downsized from a couple of bigger travel trailers. I like the simplicity of the A122s.. I kinda like NOT having the shower and bathroom. The travel trailers I owned both developed water leaks around the shower floor and resulted in soft spots on the floor.

I haven't camped in my Aframe yet.. just brought it home Saturday.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:44 PM   #10

We have an A-Frame, A194HW. Getting to old to sleep on the ground. Like to go to out of the way places so needed a smaller rig to those places. Still have a MH for when we feel like living it up.

Tags
camper, frame, trailer, a-frame