Old 06-15-2015, 08:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
I cannot comprehend leaving a deposit on any RV that has an obvious water leak. Why blame Forest River for QC problems when this is sitting on a dealers lot? Who knows what has occurred with this unit after it left the FR assembly.
That said, I am sorry for your problems. Start with the dealer for a resolution!
Best wishes.
Nice of you to point blame at a guy who is trying to deal with a problem. FR is the appropriate place to turn if no solution is forthcoming at the dealer because FR is the OEM and responsible for the warranty.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #12
Mod free 5er

Don't see buying a damaged unit and then want someone else to foot the bill to fix it. I must be missing something.

Old 06-15-2015, 09:16 AM   #13

Is it still under warranty?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:22 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't see buying a damaged unit and then want someone else to foot the bill to fix it. I must be missing something.
I assume it's a new unit with a warranty. Isn't that what warranties are supposed to be for?
The dealer gave an explanation as to what they thought caused the initial problem. Then they attempted to fix the issue that was found at pick up.
If it is a new unit, you expect the OP to foot the bill?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:31 AM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie70 View Post
I assume it's a new unit with a warranty. Isn't that what warranties are supposed to be for?
The dealer gave an explanation as to what they thought caused the initial problem. Then they attempted to fix the issue that was found at pick up.
If it is a new unit, you expect the OP to foot the bill?
I know it is "after the fact", but knowingly buying a damaged unit is hardly grounds for seeking warranty coverage. It would be like knowingly buying a new car with the engine blown and then saying it should be fixed under warranty. The logic just escapes me.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #16

Quote:
The logic just escapes me.
Evidently.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 06-15-2015, 10:16 AM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Evidently.
Maybe you can explain it to this old man?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:35 AM   #18

Quote:
Maybe you can explain it to this old man?
The guy made a mistake in taking delivery of a camper after naively accepting the dealers explanation for the cause of the water damage and promise to address it. An explanation was evidently not true with the actual cause left unaddressed. It is rude and unfriendly to blame him for a problem with the camper that was not his fault but was caused by a manufacturing defect and passed on to him by a dealer.

Instead as fellow camper owners we should be supporting him in getting the problem addressed. It's not our position to say what the limits of responsibility the dealer or FR may or may not take, because we don't know what they will ultimately do for his specific problem.

This forum is, or at least for the most part is, a community of help, support and sharing the joys of camping with A Frame campers. Providing some constructive direction when needed. And occasionally commiserating with the sorrows of A Frame ownership too.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 06-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #19

I had something similar happen to me when first looking at a-frames. Found a puddle of water on the table below the skylight while the unit was on the dealer lot. They made all kind of promises to fix it, but I walked. Not about to knowingly buy a new unit with a leak. Now, if it had been cleaned up, repaired and put back before I had seen the puddle, I was taking it home that day and probably never known the difference. Feel like I dodged a bullet on that one. I store my current a-frame popped up and not covered and we had lots of rain this spring...so far no signs of leaks.
Good luck to OP...I hope you get this worked out to your satisfaction.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:44 AM   #20
Mod free 5er

I agree with finding a solution, but to blame FR for the problem is also not right. How do we know the dealer did not open the camper and fail to close it properly and also not store it correctly as stated with the nose high? If the dealer opened the vents on my 5er and let the rain come in and damaged the trailer, is that a FR problem?

I do believe the OP has a right to go after the dealer with every tool available, but has no reason to fault FR for any of it.

Tags
water