Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1

Shakedown Electrical info please T12RB A122

Purchased 2/2012 (upgrade from pup) and out with it briefly but now getting ready for SC trip and need to know
1)IN THE DRIVEWAY for testing only: what will run Only off the battery (& propane/as needed)? Furnace? Water pump? Water heater? Heat pump??

2) I see the HW switch, but what is the unlabeled switch same area but just below the converter? Is it the Furnace on switch? or is it the Water pump? ( the water pump is below the sink/but no switches there).

3) Can I run the furnace to blow off the "New" fumes on Battery alone? If so, is the On switch in the power panel at the entry door (also runs A/C) or is it the one at the converter/bench area? Should I set that fan to Auto so that the compressor fan does not trigger? I don't want to blow a fuse. I plan to use full land power while camping but need this info so I can test D/C as above before leaving home.
Thanks, Anne

Old 10-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #2

easier to say what will not run, the AC and Heat pump, Microwave, and mattress heater are all 120 volt only. the furnace is controlled by the thermostat next to the radio,yes set the fan to auto, and yes DO burn of furnace before you leave out. be sure to keep camper open
the HW heater switch is by CO/propane detector next to it is a red light that will come on when you first turn on HW heater. the switch for the fresh water pump should be located below sink inside cabinet bottom right if not i am not sure what to tell you.

feel free to ask any other ?

64c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:30 PM   #3

So what is the switch below the converter used for? There is no switch under the sink in this T12RB A frame. I want to be sure to identify this unmarked switch. I also want to know if the furnace can run on only DC power since there is a built in fan involved, and I will need to run it up to 30 minutes to burn off the "new" smell.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Don't know about the switch. The furnace only runs off of 12 volts, either from the battery or from the converter.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #5

Well got my guts up to set the fan to auto, and set to furnace at 87 degrees ( since it is at least 85 here now but without the propane on and the fan ran just fine. When I selected off from the A/C console the fan ran for about 2 minutes then shut down- so that's out of the way. Will run on propane tomorrow to burn off fumes.
Now the only pending question is the switch below the converter, and by the process of elimination, it must be for the water pump. Will fill the reserve tank tomorrow and flip that switch to try it out.
Sure would be nice if FR would make just a little quickie start up paper to address these things. I have a ton of paperwork, but have to hunt for answers everywhere. The manual they included pictures a pop-up camper! not my A-frame.
Anne
Old 10-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #6

Switch near volt converter is water pump.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #7

I ran the new furnace and it took under 10 minutes to eliminate the smell & it heats up the whole camper big time which I'm sure will help on cold nights in SC later this month.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

pics are always helpful!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
pics are always helpful!
Will do pics when I return in time to vote. I've been to Lake Wateree before but not in past 2 yrs due to back surgery. I love my usual spot is available...looks like the whole camp ground will be almost empty...heehee. Great SP and I'm so over this Florida 90 heat/but this A-frame is still new and am trying desperately to make sure I understand everything/sort of like the pup but more electronic spark etc to be familiar with and the Dobermans just stare at me when I ask for an opinion!

Tags
a122