Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #1

Sherwood Forest RenFaire 2014

Arrived Friday around 3pm temp was suppose to be in the upper 40's in reality it was 33 and misting. Camp grounds were pretty empty and had no trouble setting up the ground there is very sandy which is great for drainage but does it ever track into the camper. Rain stopped around 6 but cloud cover stayed which was a good thing as it kept the temp from dropping to much over night. Sat morning the temp was around 27 forecaster said the high was going to be 63 he was mistaken never got above 45. Not enough sun for the solar panel to recharge LCoW battery so no furnace Sat night. Good thing I had a back up little buddy heater kept everything in the 70's no problem. Sunday the weather was much better broke camp around 3 and headed home. First time without the table replace with a small folding table as I knew I would not need a extra bed, Nice having the extra room and the small table was perfect for two people to eat or read at. Over all a good weekend. This is a new faire only 5 years old but its very nice with some big name acts. The cast is very good with lots of interaction with the patrons couple of nice covered pubs to get in out of the wet. If you are in Texas and haven't visited Sherwood yet you're missing some good entertainment. The camp grounds are still rough and I wouldn't recommend a large RV the sandy soil makes getting stuck a real risk. However if you have a small RV or something like a A frame and a good tow vehicle camping is great they enforce not loud noise after midnight which is good if you like making opening cannon.
RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #2

We used to visit the Ren Faires in Va, Md, Ohio, NC and Ky, but haven't been to any in the past 6-7 years. We would really like to go back to one this coming summer/fall.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I've only brought the family to the big one in Holly, MI. Though I've been to a few other city park type ones prior to having the family. I find I prefer the city park ones, less commercialized than the big ones.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #4

Heading out for second trip to Sherwood tonight, had to replace the battery now LCoW is ready to go. weather looks close to perfect on Sat Sunday is questionable.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #5

Great trip got in late Friday the temp was a little cool but the furnace took care of that. had a guest this time and converted the dinning room table into a bed for the first time since I made the mod to a smaller table worked just fine. Weather Sat perfect 80 and partly sunny, Sat night never dropped below 70 but the fan keep us nice and comfy. Sunday was cut short due to the temp dropping 40 degree in less than two hours. You could literally see the cold front come through on a wall of mist like something out of a scifi movie. The A frame really showed its best points only took us a hour to break everything down put everything away and get back on the road. the 4 hour drive turned into a 6 hour drive but friends that left an half hour behind us never made it home road conditions turned to bad and they ended up in a hotel still a couple hours short of home. LCoW is covered in ice but give no trouble on the icy roads.