Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #41

Screen room

I'm getting the screen room as well -- how does it do in wind and rain? Does it stay attached? Anything to be careful about?

Thanks for the picture!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #42

Thanks for the pic...

Pictures tell a thousand words....it answers the question beautifully about the privacy/wind protection. I am still curious about how well it protects against the rain....I guess that question is best answered with experience.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #43

Love my screen room it is fairly versatile can be used as a screen/bug room or the walls can be removed completely so it is more of a sun shade or the privacy panel can be zipped up to keep out the weather or used as an extra room for tenting. I especially liked the plastic half windows in the top front panel that allow light in if the privacy panels are all closed up. I have been in rainy weather with it no major storms but experienced no leaks mostly appreciated stepping out in the morning and not getting soaking wet or having rain coming in the door and wind did not appear to be and issue other than when setting up. If you are on low ground suppose you will experience seepage under the walls but guess it would not be camping without a little rain and mud.-
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #44

Screen room - several questions

Thanks for the info on the screen room. Will I (as a 5'3" female) need a small ladder to attach the screen room once parked? Can it be partially attached before the wall is put up? I will be doing it by myself.

What size indoor/outdoor rug fits in there?

Do you use the grill with the screen room set up?

I'm so excited about picking up my Rockwood on Monday. Any thing you would recommend I have them go over with me while we're doing the walk through? I have done a lot of tent camping, but this is my first camper.

I bought my camper out of state because of the great price and will be spending the night in their lot to do a trial run and make sure I know how everything works. By the time I get done asking all my questions I bet they'll be relieved to see me leave.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #45

I'm going camping this weekend and I'll update my thread on tips setting up the screen room. For me, this is the best added option to the trailer. I set it up on all my trips and it gets easier every time. I was able to do this in the dark too. I use this space for cooking and for the dining room. This means the bed inside does not have to change to a table.

The only problem I had is after 2 days of rain and in the morning, drops of water all over the room occurs. I think the material is breathable and not 100% water proof.

Checkout my thread and I hope you create a thread too so we could learn from your rookie mistakes, like I did:A128S Converted from ALINER Ranger
At this point I used the screen room and someone pointed out how close the stove is to the tent.
Also don't forget to close the window and door when cooking or else the smoke alarm will remind you....lol

Good luck and have fun on your first adventure!
Old 04-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #46

As I am not tall either I take along a 4 foot folding step ladder, it is lightweight and comes in handy while camping I do use it to set up my screen room and pop up the roof of the A Frame as I have arthritis in my shoulders. A step ladder would likely make it easier for you to set up the screen room as it is actually quite tall and the roof poles at some point would be difficult to reach. Plus the ladder makes a multipurpose rack when not being put to use.
I have not used the grill in the screen room as I often camp alone in bear country, I would prefer not to appear to be a can of spam to the resident bear population. There’s a visual in my head of a bear with an aluminum key standing on my step ladder rolling back the roof. Call me crazy but as a former tent camper I still apply all the rules in bear country to my A Frame that I did when in a tent. You may want to contact Forest River directly and ask if there are any issues with flammability while cooking in the screen room, I have heard some discussion on this but not sure what the final thoughts were about it

I purchased my mat at Wally Mart in the outdoor furniture area. Let me get back to you this weekend on that I have to dig it out of winter storage.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #47

Folding Camper - New

Here is a link to Leisure Time RV in Florida scroll down on the left side there is a link to a PDF file showing the setup of the screen room. At least I hope that link works.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
Folding Camper - New

Here is a link to Leisure Time RV in Florida scroll down on the left side there is a link to a PDF file showing the setup of the screen room. At least I hope that link works.
Nice, thanks for the link, here is the pic I got from there:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1487761121.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	29010I've added this to my album

Wow they are charging $895 for it, now I feel good that this was included in my package deal.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #49

Screen room set up

ko777 thank you for directing me to your thread. I'm on page 5 and found the youtube video on setting up the screen room:

Rockwood Hard Side Option Setup Video - YouTube

Also a great video on setting up the camper that is nice for us newbies:

This video says to lower the stabilizer jacks on sand pads? What are those?

So much great information in the thread it's going to take time to get through it since I'm taking notes. Very glad I found it before going to the dealer Monday. It's adding to my list of questions!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #50
Mostly Harmless

By "sand pads" they may have meant something like LynxLevelers. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0028PJ10K

2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote