Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #61
N5RV

Jeanette, go to this page and see if this thread is related to what you are looking for. I have an A124S and there are some links in the thread that lists items for the grey water drains. A124S Grey Water Adapters? - Forest River Forums

FR Rockwood A124S
2013 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4
daijari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfaringgirl View Post
Someone told me I should turn off overdrive on my Xterra when towing the trailer -- is this correct?
I have towed all over Ohio in my Xterra. I always leave the transmission in OD. However, most of the towing is on level ground with mild hills.

Dave

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #63

This is the one I have been looking at:

*Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA

My questions are:

#1 = Do the dealers negotiate the price below their sale price and if they do what do you think is a good price.

#2 = How comfortable is the mattress that comes with it. I know it is an odd size and to have a new one made would cost about $750.00.

I am going to pull it with a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 short bed.

#3 = Will I need to add a storage rack to hall more stuff? I think not because I can carry "stuff" in the truck bed?
Old 05-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt40 View Post

Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA

My questions are:

#1 = Do the dealers negotiate the price below their sale price and if they do what do you think is a good price.

#2 = How comfortable is the mattress that comes with it. I know it is an odd size and to have a new one made would cost about $750.00.

#3 = Will I need to add a storage rack to hall more stuff? I think not because I can carry "stuff" in the truck bed?
I highly recommend you to get the dealer to include the screen room option and a bike rack receiver in front with the deal, I got that and more. The price they are offering, you should be able to get one with the front storage too, I thought I don't need it because I was looking at a Aliner Ranger first before getting my A128S but I'm very happy I have it. After setup, you could put a lot of stuff here and it is conveniently accessible. It will be front heavy with the bikes but I move my tanks inside during transit. Here is a pic of my A-Frame:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3754988064.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	29571
A128S

Name:	image-1291586837.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	29573
Inside the front storage

Good Luck!
Old 05-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #65
Mostly Harmless

Quote:

Discount RV Sales - Metro Atlanta, GA

My questions are:

That's a great price I think. It's only slightly higher than the show price we paid in January of 2011, and prices have gone up a lot since then. As ko777 suggests, you might have better luck negotiating below that price by seeing what options they'll include. As to the mattress, several have found it not to their complete liking and have either added some kind of top pad or overlay. We have a bed-sized sheepskin topper, for example, which makes our convertible sofa/bed quite comfortable and it's a lot cheaper than a custom mattress. As to an extra rack, we've found we can carry all the extras we need in the back of our pickup, but over time the amount of stuff we think we have to take with us seems to grow. Someday we'll either need to get some discipline or a longer truck...
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #66

ko777 where do you store the screen room if I do not get the storage bin like yours has? Is the total length longer with the storage bin? I will have to store the A frame in my garage which gives me 19 feet maximum.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #67

Since my rig is front heavy I store everything heavy behind the tire axle. In my last trip with full water tank, the tongue weight was over 340 lbs. Here are pics of how I load my rig:

Name:	image-3788311802.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	29613Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3955820663.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	29614
The brown bag at the back is the screen room. If the TV could handle the load, the GEN, and jugs of fresh water could go to the front storage. The propane tanks could remain in front.

My front storage is practically empty during transit but I use it for putting extra stuff I don't need in the trailer here after setup.

You got a couple of inches to spare in your garage if you get the front storage.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #68

ko777 exactly how long is your A frame? I am wondering if I will have to tear apart the shelves I built at the end of the garage if i get one like yours?
Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #69

Quote:
ko777 exactly how long is your A frame? I am wondering if I will have to tear apart the shelves I built at the end of the garage if i get one like yours?
The brochure says 18' 11" for the A128S but I just did a tape measure from the tip of the tongue to the bumper edge it came out to 237.5 inches.
That makes it 7.5" too long for your garage. I did this in the dark so double check it with what they have.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #70

Thanks for everyones advice. You all have helped me a lot.