Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #41

I doubt (but can't say for sure) the low pressure quick connect (at 11 column inches of water) would have enough pressure to put out much of a flame. It would also restrict you to a relatively short distance from the camper. At most, the length of the longest hose you are willing to buy. Refillable propane tanks also come 4.5lbs and 11lbs.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #42

The little red campfire has a gas regulator on it, which I presume also outputs similar pressures ( ~.4psi), but it may need higher input pressure ( typically tank pressure) to actually operate the regulator ? Even if it did act as sort of a "pass-through" at the same input/ output pressure, for sure the volume of gas actually delivered at the firepit would likely be restricted after all that plumbing.

My guess is I will spend a half hour trying to get it to work and probably then just wind up getting some smaller tanks for the firepit.

First World problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
I doubt (but can't say for sure) the low pressure quick connect (at 11 column inches of water) would have enough pressure to put out much of a flame. It would also restrict you to a relatively short distance from the camper. At most, the length of the longest hose you are willing to buy. Refillable propane tanks also come 4.5lbs and 11lbs.
Weehaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:03 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weehaven View Post
First World problems...
Yes it is. But addressing the minutia of daily life is part of building a community, like our forum. As long as we keep things our perspective on things....

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #44

Well, I ended up getting the adapter for the 1lb tanks as well as one of the 1 gallon tanks to sort through what works best. Belt and suspenders...

And a caution ! I have seen other comments on the web about folks having the gas fittings on the Little Red Campfire loosen up, so I checked my brand new just out of the box unit. Sure enough both the 90 degree fitting going into the bottom of the burner as well as the hose connection to that fitting were both quite loose, so if you buy one of these, check it first before you use it.
Weehaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #45

Quote:
Well, I ended up getting the adapter for the 1lb tanks as well as one of the 1 gallon tanks to sort through what works best. Belt and suspenders...

And a caution ! I have seen other comments on the web about folks having the gas fittings on the Little Red Campfire loosen up, so I checked my brand new just out of the box unit. Sure enough both the 90 degree fitting going into the bottom of the burner as well as the hose connection to that fitting were both quite loose, so if you buy one of these, check it first before you use it.
A spray bottle with soapy water to double check.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:42 PM   #46

Quote:

X2 on the loose fittings, keep an eye on them.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #47
Always Learning

Quote:
Has anyone adapted one of these to run off the FR included side quick disconnect for the Grill ? With two 20# tanks on the nose I'm looking to not carry yet another extra 20# tank !

I thought one of the manufacturer websites actually had directions for how to do this.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #48
Mod free 5er

The regulator on the Little Red Campfire is also how you adjust the flame like the burner on your cook stove for those wanting to hook into the camper propane supply.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #49

The older I get, the more I believe "You get what you pay for". So I went with the campfire in a can, through Amazon, free shipping with Prime, $50 off with credit card application, total $249. I absolutely LOVE it....I ordered it during the ice storm here in Fort Worth, so it actually came in 4 days, not 2. Amazon assumed I wanted to cancel it so did. The very next day I was on the roof of my coach at my dads house cleaning the ac unit when I get a phone call from Canada. It was the owner of camp fire in a can, asking why I am returning his product.....after explaining I am keeping it, and love it, he told me call him anytime.....seems like EXCELLENT customer service if I ever have an issue with it. I have used it 3 or 4 times, its as close to a real campfire as I have seen.
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #50

I've been using the campfire in a can for over 3 years and absolutely love it. It has performed flawlessly and provides great ambience as well as heat.
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote