Old 03-24-2015, 10:10 PM   #31

Today I applied the 3M extreme tape to all 3 skylights and the vent fan. I sure hope this will fix the leaks with the large skylight and one of the smaller skylight. I'm camping next week and rain is in the forecast. Will find out next week.

dmtex

Old 04-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #32

During a recent hard rain spell, the rear skylight did not leak, however one of the two small skylights still leaks. I know there is a very small crack in the lower right corner of this skylight and obviously is the source of the leak. I had hope the extreme tape over the crack would have stopped the leak. Will have to take the camper to the dealer and have the skylight replaced.

dmtex

Old 04-29-2015, 10:35 PM   #33

Went to my dealer and arranged for the replacement of the leaking skylight. I first had to order the new skylight. It was $151.00. Once it arrives to the dealer (2-3 weeks) I'll take my A127TH to the dealer. The service manager indicated the labor for the repair should take 1-2 hours at $125.00 an hour.

dmtex
Old 04-29-2015, 10:54 PM   #34

Our dealer replaced all three of our bubble windows as they all had cracks in the corners. They said it was a manufacturing defect and that they had replaced several skylights on traditional style campers as they had been manufactured by the same company. We were not charged for the window replacements. The rear bubble window was put in so poorly that the right side is an inch higher than the left. We now have 3M tape around all windows and it appears that we don't have any leaks.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Nancy B
Old 05-12-2015, 04:14 PM   #35

Yep, these windows do have a leaking problem. You would think, by now, the manufacturer would have it under control. So many complaints here. When I picked up my new trailer in April, the floor and bed was wet from the rains. Actually, puddles on the floor. When I made the purchase, last October, the under bed storage was very wet. Dealer suggested the baggage door wasn't locked during transit. He would dry the unit before winter storage. Well, on pick-up day I had to wait 3-4 hours for the dealer to re caulk everything on the roof. Yesterday, while installing additional stop/turn lights and drilling through the metal frame and into the roof sandwich, between the outer and inner skins, water was leaking out the drilled hole. What does this tell me, more problems to come?

A-Frame Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #36

My A127TH is in the shop having the leaking skylight replaced. I hope this will be the fix, but remain apprehensive.

dmtex

Tags
frame, leak, a-frame