Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2014, 04:09 PM   #1

Stereo

Like most here, our stereo doesn't work very well. Has anyone found a aftermarket replacement?
Tomscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Forest River Accessories

I sell all of the Jensen in wall RV units through my division here at Forest River if you're interested in one of those. The AWM975 and the JRV212TB have both been really popular in the past few months.
FRAcessories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomscat View Post
Like most here, our stereo doesn't work very well. Has anyone found a aftermarket replacement?
Not sure which stereo you have, but I had the Genesis GT 2.0 and found several things about it I didn't like. It had NO HDMI or any other Hi-Def Video output- meaning I got to watch DVD's in 480i on a 720P HiDef TV. Picture quality was awful. Also, no option for an external sensor made for a crappy choice on a revolving entertainment center. You could spin the TV to watch it in the bedroom, only to find that you get to get up and go to the living room to make any changes. I ended up with a Jensen AWM-975. I have found it to be MUCH better. A small glitch will cause the unit to restart about 10 minutes into a movie every 10th time or so you power it on. Other than that it has worked well for around 2 years now.

Edit: Be aware that the Jensen will NOT fit the GT2.0 mounting hole. It is wider and shorter.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #4

I had the Kenwood in my A-frame, It did not want to power up sometime and I would have to remove the front plate to get it to play. It did not pick up AM very well. I just replace it with a JVC KDX250BT Digital Media. This dose not have tape or CD player, but does have USB input and stereo input and Bluetooth and the AM is better. I have not had/played it long enough to give a good review so far I like it. It was a direct plug in for the Kenwood, no wiring needed.
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAcessories View Post
I sell all of the Jensen in wall RV units through my division here at Forest River if you're interested in one of those. The AWM975 and the JRV212TB have both been really popular in the past few months.

Do you have any photos or information on them?
Thanks for everyone's help....
Tomscat is offline   Reply With Quote