Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

Stereo Not Working

Hello All,
We are opening up our A-frame and wanted music as we were loading it up and all I see is the red light on power but when I push the button for the stereo to play a CD- nothing, does anyone have any suggestions?? (The unit is plugged into power by the way).
JoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #2

Is the radio not coming on either? Check your fuses, breakers and make sure your battery polarity is correct.

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #3

Push the red light to turn on, press 'Mode' to get to 'CD' and put disk in....thats how my 2012 TH stereo unit works....hope this helps?

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #4

Check and make sure all the speakers are not turned off, There are three speakers two inside one outside they can be turned on and off individually and its possible to turn them all off at the same time.
RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #5

Hello All,
Thank you for your suggestions I checked the "mode" the "fuses" and then I called the RV rep. and he said,"turn- off the power and pull-off the battery positive and wait a couple of minutes, because sometimes they get stuck on stupid".
I did this and waited a couple of minutes and then turn on the power and put the positive on again and it worked! Yeah!
JoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #6

Another good reason to put in a power cutoff for the stereo.

I put in one a couple days ago to prevent phantom power draws.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:09 AM   #7

My radio and cd works but can't get my iPod or iPhone to play music in the USB port on my 2014 A122BH. Suggestions?
Jsusluvsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsusluvsyou View Post
My radio and cd works but can't get my iPod or iPhone to play music in the USB port on my 2014 A122BH. Suggestions?
I am wondering if the USB is not for just straight USB sticks (with MP3's on them)... I was going to test this before last weekend here, but ran out of time as I was wanting to run out the door to go camping.
rkuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Is it a Genesis or Concertone?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT-3.0-5-4.pdf (1.89 MB, 108 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #10

Use a patch cord to the AUX input to get the sound into the stereo.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #11

Pretty sure the USB port is to take a memory stick or a USB drive or something, not to be an audio in port for an iPod. Use the aux port for that.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Use a patch cord to the AUX input to get the sound into the stereo.
Has anybody had success doing this? There's no USB port on my older unit but there is an external stereo mini-jack (AUX1) on the front of the unit and an RCA jack (AUX2) on the back of it. Trying to play any of our "i" devices--iPod, iPad, or iPhone--through either of those ports is a lost cause. Max volume on the "i" device AND on the camper stereo gives an anemic mumble somewhat like hearing your neighbor's radio two doors down. I figured it was an impedance mismatch between the devices so I tried it with an impedance matching circuit in the line. Same result.

I have some thought that it's not the camper stereo's fault. I can patch our el cheapo am/fm/WX radio into either AUX port and get all the volume I can stand. Rather, I think it's some characteristic of the Apple devices. I had hoped when I heard that the newer camper stereos have USB ports that they'd have better luck than I did with their i devices, but evidently not, huh?
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #13

An iDevice is the single most likely music player to be plunged into an aux port. I don't have personal experience with camper specific units yet, but if any modern amplifier of this sort does not accept input from an iDevice through its aux port, it is a design failure with the amplifier. And if true, a shoddy selection from any manufacturer that would install one.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
Has anybody had success doing this? There's no USB port on my older unit but there is an external stereo mini-jack (AUX1) on the front of the unit and an RCA jack (AUX2) on the back of it. Trying to play any of our "i" devices--iPod, iPad, or iPhone--through either of those ports is a lost cause. Max volume on the "i" device AND on the camper stereo gives an anemic mumble somewhat like hearing your neighbor's radio two doors down. I figured it was an impedance mismatch between the devices so I tried it with an impedance matching circuit in the line. Same result.

I have some thought that it's not the camper stereo's fault. I can patch our el cheapo am/fm/WX radio into either AUX port and get all the volume I can stand. Rather, I think it's some characteristic of the Apple devices. I had hoped when I heard that the newer camper stereos have USB ports that they'd have better luck than I did with their i devices, but evidently not, huh?
I was doing it last weekend from my Lumia 920 and my wifes iPhone 4... No issues at all. Loud and clear.
rkuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkuffler View Post

I was doing it last weekend from my Lumia 920 and my wifes iPhone 4... No issues at all. Loud and clear.
Glad to hear that! Means there's hope for others, though I've given up on mine. Were you using the USB port or the small input jack?
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 05-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post

I use the AUX input for our iPhones and have no volume issues no matter the speaker selected. Check to be sure your headphone setting on the I device is not set to limit high volume (there's a setting in the menu somewhere for ear protection for earbud users. Disabling that should get you more of a Line Out type signal)

We have the same year a frame, mine does not have the USB port, although that too is for mp3s on a storage device, and is not an integrated iPod controller, for those with newer systems.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #17

I also use my iPhone 4s in my AFrame aux jack. No problems. I'll 2nd the possibility that the volume safety option for the iPod/iPhone may be on.

That setting is under General>Restrictions>Volume Limit in iOS 6
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
Mostly Harmless

Um...(insert sheepish grin here)...yep. Must have been a factory default setting 'cause we never messed with it. Does crow taste better with BBQ sauce?
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
Old 05-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #19

Tried to find a menu or settings button, none seen, still not sure why iPhone or iPod won't play music with the Genesis system on our A122BH model.
Jsusluvsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Tried to find a menu or settings button, none seen, still not sure why iPhone or iPod won't play music with the Genesis system on our A122BH model.
Have you reviewed the manual posted earlier in this thread, not only should you be able t pay audio by connecting your headphone out on the phone to the aux input on the front (and selecting the appropriate input method) but it seems the genesis also supports Bluetooth, which souls permit you to pair your phone with the genesis unit and both play music and receive phone calls wirelessly via the genesis.

I the event your music limit setting is enabled and is keeping a strong signal from coming out of your headphone jack, on your iPhone, in the Settings app, go to Music and verify that the Volume Limit setting is Off.