Old 06-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #1

Storage/organization ideas?

Took my t21dmhw out for its second trip this past weekend and loved it except for storage. I really need storage and organization ideas for inside the camper. When it is just me camping I have no issues but when I add one or two more people it becomes tough. What have you done to help control the chaos? I have seen some ideas on Pinterest but most are for travel trailers and donít apply to these A-frames. I eventually want to get the camper ready for camping 24/7 excluding perishable items.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #2

Not my idea, found it on the net somewhere, possibly even here. This is a toilet organizer from Walmart, just without the lower legs installed. Works great. I lay it on the folded dinette while traveling, and place fragile stuff like bread and fruit in the shelves to keep it from moving
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467058722206.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	112374  

2016 212HW led valiantly into the beyond by a 2010 Track Edition Ford Ranger 4x4.

Nights camped 2016: 14
Nights camped 2017: 11 (so far)
Luv70sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv70sFords View Post
Not my idea, found it on the net somewhere, possibly even here. This is a toilet organizer from Walmart, just without the lower legs installed. Works great. I lay it on the folded dinette while traveling, and place fragile stuff like bread and fruit in the shelves to keep it from moving
I saw that idea on this forum somewhere. I liked it since its easy to move when folding up the camper.

By the way I like your signature about towing the camper with a race car
Old 06-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #4

Thanks, it's actually true I race in winterX at the local track. It's a hoot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1467060084530.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	112385  

2016 212HW led valiantly into the beyond by a 2010 Track Edition Ford Ranger 4x4.

Old 06-27-2016, 05:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv70sFords View Post
Thanks, it's actually true I race in winterX at the local track. It's a hoot.
That's even better! I figured it was a Ford by your username lol. I love racing but don't think my land speed motorcycle will tow the camper...

Cheers to racing!
Old 06-27-2016, 07:20 PM   #6

I forgot to add, if you do use the shelf idea, dont just toss the lower legs. I would cut about 4-5'' off the ends, and use that to raise the shelf so the area under is more useable. I wished like hell this past week I had done that, I could've used the space.

I also found myself using the basket out of my yeti to hold small items, and then throwing that on top of the wardrobe.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:47 AM   #7

We are using a three drawer plastic storage 'chest' that is just the right size to put on top of the microwave. We each use a drawer for clothes, books, sunglasses, etc, and one drawer is for camping related clutter. The chest fits exactly in the space on the floor by the bed/sink/microwave on its back for travel. I got mine at a yard sale for a dollar but I know Walmart has them. Since we are using the table area as a bed I am still figuring out the best use of the space under there for easy access storage. I have seen where some people put a shelf in between the bench seats. I want to put some storage tubs under there that could pull out like drawers. Still figuring it all out!
mollypcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:10 AM   #8

We also have the metal toilet shelf in the galley area. The four legs protrude a bit at the top, so I hang a plastic grocery bag from one of them to hold garbage. I'll also hang small towels, etc. to dry.

I've also found a Rubbermaid bin is handy to toss "stuff" in and have it sitting on top of the microwave/radio shelf at night. The bin sits on the bed during the day. It really helps to corral the clutter - and helps maintain my sanity!
Old 06-28-2016, 11:18 AM   #9

I use the toilet shelf over my sink and also a three drawer plastic cabinet on counter over microwave. Also use cargo bar between apex peaks to hang items on when necessary. I have a 4 inch pvc plastic pipe bolted to rear bumper to hold canopy poles or other long narrow items such as drain hose.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #10

Glarior,

Thought I'd provide you with this link. It is "quick glance" reference of archived A Frame threads from this forum that covers almost any topic you can imagine to include storage ideas. There are pages and pages of different topics you can review and reference.

You can also go to the search section in this forum and just type in A Frame Storage and I'm sure it will provide you with several links you can explore for additional storage mods that others have completed.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...map/f-221.html

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."

2014 Rockwood A128S
2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4X4 Short Bed
Big Red Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage