Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #21

Follow up on Propane storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob P View Post
Greetings forum group. I have a question about storing my A frame trailer in an attached garage safely. I have never, ever kept portable propane tanks in my garage or inside anywhere. One of the pluses of having the fold down trailer was that it could be stored in the garage. My concern is, should I remove the propane tanks and store them outside the garage. I really hate taking them off and put them back on for each use. I called Forest River about this, but really did not get any good answer. More or less it was up to me. I have read several warnings about not storing propane portable tanks inside. Perhaps those warnings are my answer to my question. Right now I store the trailer tanks in an external remote shed at the back of our property. Thank you for any opinions you may like to share.
Thought I would follow up with my post about my storing the full propane tanks. As stated in this quote, I keep my Folding trailer in an attached garage. I have decided that for me and my concerns, to purchase the hardside propane tank cover from Amazon for 29 dollars. I made a little platform at the edge of our patio, about 10 ft from the back of the garage. Then took a security cable and fed it thru the tank handles and the cover and locked it a 4X4 post that is part of the patio railing. I decided that keeping the tanks in my out shed was probably the worst place to keep them. That is where I keep my gasoline stuff. Chance of a fire in the shed is the most probable of all places. So, that is my story, and I feel pretty good about this. As I am a 35 year retired employee of a natural gas company, I tend to be extra concerned about any sort of gas. I am aware of the different properties of Natural and LP gases. Thank you to all that posted their opinions on this subject. If I have instilled any one to think about this subject, then it was certainly worth the effort. Happy Camping.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #22

Thanks for letting us know. Sounds like you came up with the right choice!
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, safety