Old 08-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkin View Post
The carry out stoves Forest River uses for their pop-ups work on A frames. Check with a dealer. The Robert's RV site in Denver has one listed in their parts inventory. They have the same quick connect and work without a separate regulator.
It's interesting that the stoves shown in the parts list are made by Suburban - however, a search for "Suburban 2 burner stove" only produces results for the drop in, not the side rail type. Guess some "handy" person could make a platform for the drop in type. I'll have to look into that a little further.

Presently, I am using my regular 2-burner camp stove on a platform my friendly neighborhood welder made for me.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensinc View Post
I'm looking for a one or two burner stove that would hang on the outside rail and connect to the camper's propane.

Has anyone seen a stove like that?

Thanks!
Like this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2-burner_stove_black_front.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	60387  

Old 08-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #13

something like this Thursday I want I want Will go to closet forest river pop up dealer to see if they have one, Thursday
Its Cute but......
Total 87(2014) 58(2015) 77(2016) 95(2017)
dts3204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #14

[QUOTE=dts3204;678288]something like this Thursday I want I want Will go to closet forest river pop up dealer to see if they have one, Thursday[/QUOTe
I have one from my old Rockwood pop up. Fits perfectly. Picture is current model.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:04 PM   #15

I too did not like the outdoor grill and had my dealer replace it with a 3-burner stove. Both 2 and 3-burner stove are available from FR. The are used in the lower end popups for use indoors or out. My wife loves it as she does not stink up the camper when doing heavy duty cooking.

See:

http://robertssales.com/options/stoves.html
Old 08-13-2014, 05:51 AM   #16
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrapp View Post
I too did not like the outdoor grill and had my dealer replace it with a 3-burner stove. Both 2 and 3-burner stove are available from FR. The are used in the lower end popups for use indoors or out. My wife loves it as she does not stink up the camper when doing heavy duty cooking.

See:

Stove Options for Flagstaff Camping Trailers | Roberts Sales - Denver, Colorado
I'll check with my local dealer on availability.

I don't think we used the stove in our '08 Roo more than 2-3 times in the years we had it and haven't used the stove in our current Flagstaff. DW doesn't like cooking with gas and I would prefer doing it outside. Always cooked outside when we had our pop-up... I just have more room outside than in.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:13 AM   #17

I have a stainless steel grill from our Roo (it hangs on the side rail) that we dont use any longer since moving up to a 5th wheel. Used maybe 10 times, with storage bag. If anyone is interested let me know.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:30 AM   #18

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone personally used a standard coleman type camp stove on low pressure gas? Does it even work?

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #19

I have a Coleman NXT. They are only designed to use high pressure. (small bottles or your propand BEFORE regulators. I have read where some folks have tried to remove the regulator on the NXT bus it has a odd ball thread size.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Not to derail the thread, but has anyone personally used a standard coleman type camp stove on low pressure gas? Does it even work?
This doesn't really answer your question but....

My 2000 Coleman Westlake had an external gas disconnect that bypassed the regulator up at the tanks. I got an extension hose to run our Roadmaster grill from the camper gas line instead of using the small bottles.

The downside of this arrangement with high pressure take-off ahead of the regulator is that the now-standard regulator with built-in switch between tanks and pressure gauge doesn't work so well with a take-off in front of it. On the Coleman camper, I manually re-attached the output lines to the other tank when the first ran out.

Frankly, using the camper gas line was more hassle than using the small bottles (in our usage situation). Even powering a grill, the small bottles were good for at least a meal each. Portablility with the small bottles is/was a big plus for us. Could locate the grill anywhere on the site we wanted to use it.

With a 2 burner stove that does all our cooking the bottles typically last 2 or more long weekends (cooking and hot water for cleanup 2 meals a day for 3 days).

Since I have the outside shower on the A122 (never used as a shower so far), I am looking to mod that a little to use as a hot water dispenser for dish washing/cleanup instead of a kettle on the stove.

just my thoughts and experiences
Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122

Tags
door