Old 08-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #1

Stove for outdoor rail?

I'm looking for a one or two burner stove that would hang on the outside rail and connect to the camper's propane.

Has anyone seen a stove like that?

Thanks!

Old 08-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #2

That's a very good question. I second that quest for knowledge.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:48 AM   #3
the-the-the- The GRINCH!

I offered to trade my brand new R-V-que for some such animal last Fall. I don't believe anyone even suggested where I could get a propane stove to fit the rail which would also connect to the trailer's line. Got lots of suggestions for free-standing stoves.......

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #4

I do not believe it is possible. The problem is the pressure.

The outlet you talk about is located after the pressure regulator on your tanks. Because of that it is considered a low pressure line. The RVQ's run on the low pressure.

Other stoves have their own regulators built in because you connect a tank directly to it. The problem is if you hook up a low pressure line to a unit that has a regulator built in, it will be even lower pressure. It would not generate any flame.

Tank - regulator - regulator = very low gas flow.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I have a outside 2 burner stove top that came with my sabre.
no it doesn't fit on the outside rvq rail but rather is on a drawer slide and fits into a cubby.
I'd check with forest river parts.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407844883654.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	60277

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
Old 08-12-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407845006932.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	60278

turbs

"sabre owners united"
Old 08-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
I do not believe it is possible. The problem is the pressure.

The outlet you talk about is located after the pressure regulator on your tanks. Because of that it is considered a low pressure line. The RVQ's run on the low pressure.

Other stoves have their own regulators built in because you connect a tank directly to it. The problem is if you hook up a low pressure line to a unit that has a regulator built in, it will be even lower pressure. It would not generate any flame.

Tank - regulator - regulator = very low gas flow.

Vin.
You have 2 issues. As quoted, you have to find a 2 burner stove that will run on low pressure, and does not have a regulator. One designed for a small PUP interior will be your best bet. They will not be as cheap as you would hope.

The sceond issue is once you have a suitable stove is designing a mount system that uses the rail. This is not as hard if you are reasonably handy. On my Coleman Westlake PUP, the included outside stove had the particle board mounting pad disintegrate over time. I removed the hardware, and built a new pad out of marine plywood. I made the surface and folding support size to suit me, and used the existing stove and rail hardware.

When we bought the A122 this past March, after 1 attempt to mount the RVque grill, it was semi-permanently stored in our garage overhead (along with the Porta-Potti). We use a 2 burner propane stove (not Coleman due to propane leaks in the several I have owned) with the throw-away bottles at the picnic table as our primary cooking device. The bottles last at least a full weekend camping trip of cooking - and I'm not BBQing or cooking against the side of the camper. Also, I have the rest of the picnic table as an adjacent work surface.

FWIW, dishes are washed at the picnic table also. I have 2 nesting tubs, one for washing and one for rinse, and a collapsible drying rack. We use mostly paper products, so washing is mainly for cooking items and utensils.

just our camping style and experiences
Fred W
Old 08-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #8

The carry out stoves Forest River uses for their pop-ups work on A frames. Check with a dealer. The Robert's RV site in Denver has one listed in their parts inventory. They have the same quick connect and work without a separate regulator.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:42 PM   #9

Harbor freight has one that is SS 2 burner with griddle for less than $100, but it is free standing
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #10

If you find the one you want but it has a built in regulator you can just replace it with a quick connect fitting instead.

I picked up a Weber Q the other day and made the conversion. Works great.

Couldn't find a 1/8 to quick connect anywhere so just picked up this 1/4 to quick connect from Camco: Item

Also needed a 1/4" female to 1/8" female reducing coupling from the local hardware store and some propane/natural gas safe thread sealant since the connection from the Weber is a 1/8" male and the QD adapter is a 1/4" male.

This is not the specific one I got, but this is what was needed: PARKER Reducng Coupling,Brass,1/4 In. x 1/8 In. - Brass Pipe Fittings - 13Y912|208P-4-2 - Grainger Industrial Supply

Tags
door