Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #1

T12RBST in Oklahoma

Hello All. This will be a review of our Flagstaff Classic T12RBST.
It's a 2014 Model. We enjoy it and all it offers. Bought new from Dealer. OKC.
The Tech did a thorough PDI. Answered our questions, showed us everything......Except the adjustment nut under the tongue ball lock.
Almost home with our new toy, hit a small dip...and wham! The trailer is now off the ball!
Lippert, and or the Dealer should use a "Go-No-Go" gauge on the hitch before it ever leaves the lot. Maybe a 2" Ball??
Got everything slowed down to a stop, Police stopping traffic, had a couple of good hearted young men to help me get everything hooked back up. After unlocking the lock on the hitch. Damage was a ground down landing gear, torn propane cover, and of course both front seats had deep creases in the fabric.....
Making a call to the RV dealer explaining what had happened, they said "it happens all the time". My 5th bumper pull trailer. Never has happened.
Was told they could pick it up in 5 or 6 days.....My Wife takes over and made it clear to pick it up with in the hour. They did...
Replaced damaged parts, got it back in a week.
Sets up easy and all, the things we like. Had a new Adco cover installed, then Springtime hail storm comes. Shredded the cover, broke out 2 windows, one small, and the big one. Insurance takes over, pays to have windows replaced. A MONTH later...they still are using the Wrong Sealant. Like they do this for a living? Get it back, not impressed...First good rain, everything soaked. Windows leak. I silicone the interior of the windows, mask and reseal the outside seams. Still leaked a small amount. For now Gorilla Clear tape. All DRY.
Just returned from a 3 week camping trip through Colorado. Everything worked great. Fridge froze and shut down, Propane.... Let it thaw a bit, relit, and turned it to 4. Worked great. No complaints. Except.....the water pump switch.....what a bad location. I have relocated it to the front cabinet like pictures of the 2017 model shows. Also installed a digital voltage meter in the cabinet under the radio. Now I can monitor the battery. Instead of hearing the Propane/Co alarm go off at 0600 when the 12V is not. Was dry camping so had a Generator for back up. Using a tarp Awning as seen here. The Washer Bent and riveted, 3 adjustable tent poles. Works great. Also have a 12x12 PaHaQue screen room. The outside grill works great, no complaints. Have seen a new one that the welds on the fold out rack were broke. We do most of our cooking outside. 9 Coleman Stoves, I have something for every task. We really do enjoy this camper. 3 weeks is the longest we have lived in it. Usually longer stays...like Winter, on the beach, we use our Summerland 2020...
OK......Long winded first post...
Randy
Carmwes54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:57 PM   #2

Great report. You certainly have a good attitude about the troubles. It's very good that the otherwise iffy dealer took responsibility for the hitching mistake. Mine is in the shop for rear window replacement. Not for seal leakage but for fatigue cracking. I'm hoping the seal on the replacement is good but I have a roll of Gorilla sealing tape just in case. Because Gorilla tape is great.

Happy trails.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #3

Thanks Tom. Hope all works out with your Window Replacement. I keep a roll of Clear Gorilla tape with the camper....Just in Case.
'17 Ford Super Duty F-250
Carmwes54 is offline   Reply With Quote