Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #1

Television in an A Frame?

It seems the cable TV outlet is located in different places, depending on the model.. in the A122 (2011) where is the outlet? I have looked at some photos closely.. and it looks like it may be under the microwave in the 2012.. but in a photo of the 2011.. it isnt there.

Also.. is there a TV antenna available for the a-frames? I like to camp in state parks and other places where electric is available.. but no cable TV.
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #2

from what i remember its next to one to the electrical outlets by the bed ...

d-mo
Old 01-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #3

On my A122 it is located below the microwave. I built a small shelf that fits on top of the microwave cabinet. It's about 8-10 inches tall and I set a 26 inch LCD tv on top. Under the shelf I have my dish network DVR on which I have access to a bunch of preloaded TV shows and movies. I could bring a DVD player but the DVR is more convinient. I am thinking of getting the Tailgater satelite system from Dish network in future.
toleworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleworks View Post
On my A122 it is located below the microwave.
What year is your A122? I am looking at a 2011... and I didnt see the cable outlet there.
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #5

Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #6

2011 a122 under the microwave.
rawlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Flagstaff 22FBS

There it is, under the microwave, the same location as in our A126. This picture also shows the porta potti you have been wondering about.

http://i1.rvusa.com/wm/showimagerv.ashx?id=4541055&t=6

Here is a "front view" pic of the location.

http://i1.rvusa.com/wm/showimagerv.ashx?id=4541059&t=6

If you are wondering where the cable hookup is located on the exterior, Gary told me that ours is on the driver's side, toward the rear.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #8

dont know why this trailer has a cable outlet in the first place ...
we have never used ours .. and never will. We are rely heavily on downloads/internet for our entertainment, a fairly high end laptop, and external drives. Movies, series, and your favorite shows can be all there, without excess weight and space.
Thats how we do it .. on long trips ... and also use phone hardware devices for calling home for free .
Chuck ... the location of the cable outlet strongly depends on the build date of the A122 that your purchasing. The earlier units had the cable put next to the electrical outlets next to the bed. If you check your build date of the unit, and you dont find the cable outlet under the the micro .. the unit was built in 2010 ...

d-mo
Old 01-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo
we have never used ours .. and never will. We are rely heavily on downloads/internet for our entertainment, a fairly high end laptop, and external drives. Movies, series, and your favorite shows can be all there, without excess weight and space.
Thats how we do it .. on long trips ... and also use phone hardware devices for calling home for free .
Chuck ... the location of the cable outlet strongly depends on the build date of the A122 that your purchasing. The earlier units had the cable put next to the electrical outlets next to the bed. If you check your build date of the unit, and you dont find the cable outlet under the the micro .. the unit was built in 2010 ...

d-mo
How do you find the build date?
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo
d-mo
The coax connector comes in handy if you are in a campground that has free cable tv.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #11

understood about the coax .. but we camp alot with no electricity .. running from solar and our battery bank.
Anywhoo .. the build date is on the front drivers side of the camper IIRC, just behind or before the hotwater heater, or atleast it is on mine.

d-mo
Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #12
Flagstaff 22FBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleworks View Post
The coax connector comes in handy if you are in a campground that has free cable tv.
Um, you might say that cable TV is "included"

We used "rabbit ears" attached to the exterior cable connection at a state park south of Pensacola and that worked great! When stored, they don't take up much space and weigh very little.

They can be set up anywhere that gets signal (with enough cable). See our "ears" here, attached to a removable base, which is sitting on the LP tanks:

Our TV is a 19" LED TV that weights less that 5 lb. When we travel we lay it flat on the bed.

Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame