Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #11
Professional Texan
There is nothing more "Off Road" than Blackwell, Texas.

...and I like it and all of Texas.

Texas Bob
2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD2500 Z71
2013 Prime Time Tracer Executive 2640 RLS

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
I told Jason about what you said and he just laughed.

Scott & Vicki
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2013 Columbus 295RL
Camped 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016, Camped 69 nights, 25 Nights Reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
Cyndilee - Carl the Camper and Carlette the Shower canopy! I know, I'm weird. But, hey, at least I make life interesting!!

gdenn - restrictions depend on the campground. The place we just recently visited allows grey water to be drained directly onto the ground; however that is not the case in MANY instances. It's best you check with each campground you are traveling for their rules/regulations.

As for the ground covering - our shower canopy came with a nylon floor piece. We created a small valley with our feet for the water to flow away from the center of the shower floor. We are looking at getting a catch-basin for times when we are not allowed to drain grey water onto the ground. Then we'll use the catch-basin and dump it when we dump everything else.

The use of gennys also depends on the campground. Follow their rules for quiet hours (usually 10pm-8am). It would be sad for campers to get out into the quiet and have to listen to a genny all night (not everyone has a quiet genny). Basically, if you're not in your camper/campsite, don't run the genny. (just my modus operandi)

TexasBob - LOVED the Texana Ranch in Blackwell. It was awesome! I can't wait to go back next year!

syencer - not sure Jason remembers meeting me and my husband, there were quite a few folks there. Nicole (RaptorWifey) introduced me to him.

Here's one of the buffalo from the Exotic Animal tour:
...and...we're camping!!
Glenn & Debbie
2013 Rockwood A127TH (aka Carl)
2012 Ford Raptor
Camping born-on date: 21 July 2012
Nights camped: 2014-3 (so far!!); 2013-16; 2012-2 nights
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #14
Professional Texan
I learned to ski at Oak Creek Lake when I was 8 years old. I'm sure the lake was very low when you were there.
Texas Bob
2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD2500 Z71
2013 Prime Time Tracer Executive 2640 RLS

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
Originally Posted by Cyndilee View Post
Loved hearing about your adventure. I had to chuckle when I read that your camper's name is Carl. I thought maybe I was the only crazy one who was naming my truck and camper! (Sapphire the truck and Sopie the camper) Now I don't feel so alone! I also appreciated hearing that your shower tent came in handy. I have one but haven't been able to see how it works yet. I do know that it took HOURS to figure out how to flatten it and put it back in its little round carrying case!!! I found directions online and printed out the pictures in sequential order to keep in my camper just in case I forget how to get it back down again! It's pretty tricky!
Use of water is a very grey area at campgrounds. I have been know to hook a hose up to the campground water to hose down and soap up. I have also brushed my teeth and shaved in my site, disposing of the water by dispersing it at the camp site, just like I do with dish water. The parks don't seem to care.

I have also done the same thing with hot water at the outside shower.

It is little different to use the tent to shower than it is to use a hose. But at some point the water stops being run off and becomes grey water, and the ranger will visit you to say "no."

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote