Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #1

Thank You Everyone and Goodbye....for now!

I'd like to thank the many members of this fantastic forum for all your friendship and help over the past four 1/2 years. You are a great and welcoming community!

We knew zip regarding A Frame campers 4 1/2 years ago and boy did we get some great help and tips to get started and see us through! Additionally we learned so much and implemented so many well thought out modifications you invented (fridge fans, gray water tank, plank board coffee table/bed replacement for that awful removable table, rear bumper tool chests, hanging pantry, Fantastic Fan cover, screening for wasps, etc.)!

My wife and I made a decision to let our baby go and acquire a new camper....was a hard decision after so many happy camping memories. We found a new owner who will take great care of her well into the future.

Our new camper will be a Safafi Condo Alto R1713. We won't get to see her for a year while she is being built and it will be a long trip to Quebec Canada to pick her up. Our new camper will be a little bit different than an A frame but still of the same quick set up/take down mindset, size and spirit of an A Frame.

Good luck to you all and thank you so much for everything!

Terry

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got."

2014 Rockwood A128S
2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab 4X4 Short Bed
Big Red Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #2

Hope you enjoy the new camper. You can still hang out and share your four years of knowledge.
krasay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:58 AM   #3
OYO

Good luck Terry,

I've enjoyed your posts and input.

We checked out an Alto while in FL last spring. Good choice. That's thec1st setup if seen that would tempt me away from an A-frame.
OYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:16 AM   #4

Enjoy your new Safafi Condo Alto R1713.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #5

Most camper issues aer not manufacturer specific. They aer the same issues from brand to brand.

Why leave just because you bought a different brand name?
Old 05-24-2019, 12:26 PM   #6

Oooh la la!! Those Altos are NICE! Congrats on your purchase! Would love to hear how you like it! Please pop back in and give us a review!! Would be interested in what your thoughts are on the change!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #7

Hey Douglas....you are correct! I'll still maintain my membership, lurk around and come for advise for "across the board RV" issues as I know this community will always provide support. And that will always work both ways with me as well if I can provide any help to someone.

I will however promise not to come to this forum and give non A Frame info. This is an A Frame community.

2014 Rockwood A128S
Old 05-24-2019, 05:18 PM   #8

Hi Handbuilder - long time no talk to! Hope all is going well for you. Great to hear from you.

If interested, I'll give a review on the Alto. It can't be until next year as there is a 9-12 month wait period to have it manufactured. We don't pick it up until next May. Will be a long missed camping season for us.

I completed a ton of research and think I've made a good decision. We're pretty excited for next May to roll around.

Take care!

Terry

2014 Rockwood A128S