Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #1

The campaign has run it's course and......

The CFO was swayed and we bought an A122. I was originally looking at the A128S, but the CFO wanted the bed. So, the A122 was the winner. I took delivery of it a week ago and we took it camping this past weekend. I got the screen room as well.
Our first weekend out went well. We arrived on Friday evening and decided to wait until Saturday to put up the screen room. It rained all night Friday but we stayed nice and dry. Put up the screen room on Saturday morning. The dealer put the velcro on prior to pickup so all we had to do was attach the fabric stretch the poles. More on that in a bit.
First impressions:
1. Plenty of storage. We don't bring the whole house camping. Had room to spare in the cargo department. Need to get a process / system to organize it better. That will come with further use.
2. Screen Room - Loved the extra space. Not real hard to put up, now that it's been done once. We got an additional option with the unit. We got the full featured sentry alarm cat.
Click image for larger version

Name:	alarmcat.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	19567

This was his first time camping and he did great. He spent time in the screen room checking the neighbors out.
3. Fridge worked great despite the Florida heat. Maintained low 40's with outside temps of low 90's.
4. Hot water heater worked well. DW at first wanted to do dishes outside on the picnic table (like in the old camper) but caught on quickly to the sink and hot water.
5. Bed was nice and comfortable.
6. Only concern noted was the slow water flow from the sink faucet. We were using city water. The water from the tap seemed full of air. I've seen info that the water filter is a big pressure / flow drop. May need to look at that.
7. Never had a microwave in a camper before and really didn't think it would be used much but it sure got use this weekend. Worked flawlessly.

We both are very happy with the A122. Easy towing and great upgrade to our previous camper. Will have another go in early October.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0184.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	19568  
Trjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #2

I love to see that you took your alarm kitty with you. I lost my buddy early this year and often think about a new friend and think that I would like for him(or her) to come along with me on camping trips.

I look forward to seeing your adventures here on the forum.

Enjoy your new camper!
Reese 66065 WDH, Curt WDH Shank #17120
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Mopar 7-pin Harness
B&M Transmission Cooler (#70268)
Jeep4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
Flagstaff 22FBS

Mr Poodycat, lookin' purrrrdy!
I had to laugh at the empty bottles beside the sentry So glad you had a good time and the camp out went well.
Deb

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #4

Glad you and the CFO are happy with your choice. My CFO was just the oppisite of yours, she wanted the A128S for the extra table and space when not a bed.
I know what your saying about the water filter. That was the first thing I did, I removed it and now have decent water flow. We bring water to drink and only use the holding tank water for dishes and washing up only. Back in 04' I drank some bad water from a campground water supply and spent seven days in the hospital from it.
As for storage, we use plastic storage bins and keep them in the truck bed. Has worked very well for us.
Have fun in that new A Frame.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:00 PM   #5

FYI - Milk Crates work great for storage under the A122 bed. Easy to put in and take out, and don't too heavy to move easily.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #6

Congratulations and welcome

Congratulations and welcome to this forum.

Picked up our A122 a couple of weeks ago and immediately went camping (Florida also.)

Yes we love it! Haven't had the nerve or the time for the screen room, but soon.

Brian
City-Boy
Brian99R is offline   Reply With Quote