Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 11:33 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck9997 View Post
Heard a lot about rivets and bubble window leaks. Also heard that Rockwood no longer uses the rivets on aframes. Is this true? Are the rivets the biggest cause of leaks? How can I tell if the rivets were used on my bubble windows? I have a 2014 a122s.
I believe during the 2012 model year they quit using rivets on bubble windows. My 2012 A124 model does not have rivets but I have seen some early 2012 models that do. Any 2013 and up models I have seen do not have them. I have read somewhere that the reason they are no longer used is because they were cracking around the holes for the rivets due to expansion and contraction. As someone said you do not need rivets, just bond them to roof as Forest River does and reduce the chance of cracking. chuck9997 if you don't see rivets around perimeter of bubble or dots of caulk you probably do not have rivets.
mzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:57 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
My A122S does not have rivets. There is really no need for them as adhesive tape can hold the window on very well.

Some developments in my original issue in this thread.

Both the dealer and FR told me the windows were not covered under the roof warranty.

I used an acrylic adhesive to seal the cracks in the corners of my rear window. So far it has held to water out. If this fails then I will have to go to the dealer for a replacement window.

I've looked around but cannot find polycarbonate windows of the correct size so the only way to go is replacement acrylic windows. Modding with flat polycarbonate sheet is probably beyond my skill set to engineer.
Here a link to a thread on someone that bought Lexan on the net. post 11

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...t-75674-2.html
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #23

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately they don't have lights to fit the long rear window, which is the problem window for me.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:47 PM   #24

Replacement RV Skylights from EZ Tops World Wide Inc.

At bottom of chart they have e-mail with your size. I just assumed they would make different sizes. Sorry
1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:57 PM   #25

Please allow 1\16th for expansion or contraction . ...noticed that statement right away...
Old 03-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1A Camper View Post
Replacement RV Skylights from EZ Tops World Wide Inc.

At bottom of chart they have e-mail with your size. I just assumed they would make different sizes. Sorry
Thanks again for your suggestion. I hadn't seen the email link. The web page is a visual mess. I'll look into it further. ->

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote