Old 11-13-2015, 04:41 PM   #1

The dreaded cracks in the bubble window have arrived

I discovered the dreaded cracks in two corners of the rear bubble window today. On opening the camper, some water dripped in onto the bedding. It appears this is the first infiltration inside because the bedspread was not very wet. I taped the window with some high quality sealing tape, though not the 3M stuff, to prevent any further entry of the water. But it is clear I have to take this up with the dealer and have the window replaced. There are three trips planned over the next few weeks and I want to have the camper for them.

There have been many threads on this, but rather than a haphazard search, let me ask. Has anyone had this covered under the extended warranty?

I'll try to find a lexan window to keep this from happening again. And will consider replacing the front windows as a precaution.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:17 PM   #2

Sorry about the windows. Mine should be cracking soon as I just taped them with good tape. I did find that duc tape would work to stop leaks before I use the good tape. So I would tape the crack with it before I replaced the bubble windows if I had some camping to do. I did not search this site but I seem to remember a post on a replacement bubble.
I have also wonder about replacing with just flat glass. Do not know how bad it would look. Maybe someone has done it and have pictures.
I am no help with infor on extended warranty.

1A Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #3

Not cracks but window repairs,including 3m tape.
My unit was purchased with a free lifetime warranty ,5hat protcts tthe original owner against roof, cabinets flooring and sides...hopefully you grabbed the same warranty as i did
Old 11-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #4

Dreaded Roof Windows

Yep, I'm going for the second time around with leaking windows. They were replaced this past summer, after a very long wait, and now at the dealer to have the camper returned to the factory, after some more serious leaks. I'm starting to think, NO windows, would be the way to go. Really love the A-Frame| but, haven't had much time to really enjoy it. So sad.........

A-Frame Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:34 PM   #5

Returned to the factory. Serious bummer. Is FR covering this under the original waranty of the purchased extended warranty?

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 11-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #6

This is what the extended warranty states:

"This optional protection plan extends the initial 12 Month warranty against manufacturing defects on the suspension, frame, sub floor, exterior sidewalls, bunk base and frame, and the interior cabinet frame, face and sides"

I am not sure that a cracked bubble window is considered a manufacturing defect. It may be considered normal wear and tear on the unit.
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Vic View Post
This is what the extended warranty states:
I am not sure that a cracked bubble window is considered a manufacturing defect. It may be considered normal wear and tear on the unit.
That's the rub. I consider a part of an exterior wall that fails well before any other part of the wall shows even modest wear to be a defect in manufacturing the wall. Or more precisely in the engineering of the wall, which amounts to the same thing. I am waiting on a return call from the dealer to bring the matter up with them. I hope to take it by on Friday for an evaluation while on my way out of town in their direction.

2012 Rockwood A122S

Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
Returned to the factory. Serious bummer. Is FR covering this under the original waranty of the purchased extended warranty?
Still under warranty, not a year old yet. Dealer is taking it to the factory when they go down to pickup some new inventory. Scheduled for repair sometime in December.

A-Frame Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #9
Broke and happy

My skylight is being replaced under second year extended factory warranty. There are a few cracks that begin at the screw heads. The screws were installed over torqued.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:06 PM   #10

These windows are rivited in.