Old 04-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Tiny doors

We just picked up our new 192 HW and planning the storage. I'm trying to figure out how to retrieve stuff stored under the bed from the outside door. It's so small it doesn't seem like you can get much out through it. What do you store under there and is it easily accessible from the outside?

Jodilc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:30 AM   #2
We faced the same issue with our t21qbhw. We were also looking for additional clean storage space inside the camper. We used 1/4 inch plywood and 2x2 framing to divide the compartment into 2 sections the rear for storing outdoor gear and the portion accessed from inside under the bed into a clean storage area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	104317  

Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
I think those small doors are useless. Wish that they were not there.
2015 Rockwood A128S
2010 Rockwood 2604
2014 Ford F-250 CC SB 2WD
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #4
5lb propane tank, 30 amp extensions, dutch oven, dish washing containers and a host of other stuff
2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 05:55 PM   #5
Not having a highwall, yes the doors are small. But there isn't room to go much taller. I do not like raising the bed as I have a mattress topper on top.

So I load stuff I need immediately like chocks, Leveler blocks, water hose, electric cords under the bed reached through the door. Bulkier items like the gray water bucket and lantern requires lifting the bed.

Food and kitchen stuff go under the dinette.

Tools, camp stove, propane cans go in the left rear.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122
pgandw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
I don't use the under bed storage much. The never been used potty that came with the camper is in there, From the outside, there are some beach towels, the spare trekking poles, and other stuff that I really don't need.

I like the ideas here to make better use of the space. Particular Butch's idea of dividing it. And keeping the extension cord in there is a good way to keep it from getting tangled with the other stuff in the storage trunk. I could put my fresh water hoses in too, since I rarely use them.

Thanks for asking the question, Jodilc. it got me thinking about how to make better use of the space.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote