Old 05-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #21

i would go the trade way myself ... as i had sold my previous trailer privately .. and basically it was a PITA.
Your looking at a trailer that sells new around the country for around 10.4. Im surprised that the trade in offer was so generous. I dont think i would buy a RV without any warrenty, for 1500/2000 bucks less than i could get it for new ... for sure.

good luck with your decision .. some solid advise has been provided by previous posts ..

d-mo

Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-mo View Post
i would go the trade way myself ... as i had sold my previous trailer privately .. and basically it was a PITA.
Your looking at a trailer that sells new around the country for around 10.4. Im surprised that the trade in offer was so generous. I dont think i would buy a RV without any warrenty, for 1500/2000 bucks less than i could get it for new ... for sure.

good luck with your decision .. some solid advise has been provided by previous posts ..

d-mo
I was too, d.

LM

loganmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #23

Buying used is all about the buyer getting a steal, not the seller making bank.

Generally i think owners always see more value in what they are getting rid of than the buyer does.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #24

Thanks for everyone`s thoughts! This is the only dealer that has this camper in my area, but unless the sale price gets better, I will stay with my a-frame. I have also been looking at the Livin Lite trailers, but they are hard to find. I think I may have to wait until later in the year when the pricing gets better.

Link to the Ascend Trailer
New 2013 EverGreen RV Ascend A171RD Travel Trailers at Beckleys RVs Thurmont Maryland Beckleys RVs

Linin Lite link
Camplite 14DB Automotive Travel Trailer Overview | Livin' Lite RV

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #25

I think you are smart to hold out....this the the travel trailer I had prior to buying the A Frame. Dealers only wanted to give me 4500- as a trade (low blue book, it was 6 yrs old) - I was flabbergasted - The trailer was in excellent ner new condition as it was always under cover and kept clean and meticulously maintained. I really liked the Tacoma trailer but not enough to part with my Jayco for so little. I sold private party on Craiglist and got 9500- for it, despite 2 dealers telling me theyd only give me 4500-.

BTW - this 19' trailer only weighed 2900 (and.like our A Frames) came with all options including full bathroom and kitchen (microwve/stove/oven & huge 3 way refrigerator w/freezer) and queen bed and I bought I could pull with my 1995 4x4 V6 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2 (towed w/weight distributor) - it towed this trailer great except it lagged up hills. I loved the trailer but after a few years knew I wanted something that wasnt as challenging towing up hills or against the wind...sometimes I would just take one of the trucks if I was going to travel over the mountain passes

I still have my Rodeo - its my daily driver. I love this little SUV so much, its on its third engine and still trucking along even when everyo.e around me (DH incl) tells me eventually she'll give up the ghost....she works as hard as our current trucks we own.

You might check out this line of Jayco trailers (Featherlite jayfeather Sport) as they are lite weight and well put together & highly regarded by their owners. Best wishes in your search!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8435_1226768063848_7027906_n.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	29971  

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #26

The Jayco trailers look nice, but I am leaning towards a 16-18 foot camper that has a permanent queen bed and a dinette/bed conversion on the other end. I have no use for the small bunk beds, they are to tight for adults to use and a dinette conversion bed would be perfect for an adult guest to use or my 17 year old son. I am in no hurry, so I will see what happens later in the year.

2016 A122 SXR (New)

2016 Toyota Tacoma DCLB
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote