Old 05-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #21

From what everyone is saying it seems it's the difference in temp between the inside panel and outside panel making it warp one way or the other. Wouldn't you think in that case a darker color absorbs more heat so the outside expands more than the inside therefore reducing the gap? In the pics I posted the sun had been shining on it not long before I took the pic. I bet it was quite warm inside and the outside was cooling off. The gap was about as bad as it gets.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:34 PM   #22

From what im seeing in the pis provided...it looks like the back roof that the front panel sits on is either delaminating or warping. It is pretty hard for the other panel to warp,as the flashing beam is very rigid at place where it rests on the back roof where the tie downs are connected
I would first inform my dealer, then contact FR....as if this happened to my unit, i would be totally upset.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:30 PM   #23

Oh believe me I'm not happy. I'll let you know what the dealer says when I see them Friday.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #24

I'm looking at the camper right now. It's sitting in the sun closed and the gap is gone. It will be hot inside and when the sun goes down and the outside cools the gap will be like in the pics...
Old 05-17-2016, 06:57 PM   #25

So ...after 14 thousand dollars... do you think this acceptable ? Push it to their rv lot...and make sure they know about the issue but give them dates in which you need your camper.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:50 AM   #26

I'm not thrilled, but I'm patient. I really don't like my dealer, so I'm waiting to see the results some others get. it was mentioned earlier there may be a thicker gasket involved. I may order it myself if thats all it is.

In the mean time, I'm still using and enjoying my trailer. I'm just a bit more cautious about moisture when its closed.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #27

I'm hoping they don't try to just brush me off with a thicker gasket. It sounds like some people have no problem at all with any warping or gaps so that means if you do have warping it must be a manufacturing defect.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:33 PM   #28

Same problem here with my 2016 Flagstaff 12RBST, I think. I will have mine in to the dealer for this and a few other issues at the end of next week.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:05 AM   #29

I'm willing to bet quite a few people have this issue and havent noticed.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #30

Had Roof Replaced

My unit had serious water leaks, only when closed. When I picked it up new, the dealer re-caulked the roof windows, while we waited, because of water on the floor. Didn't stop the leak. Went back to the dealer and they replaced the roof windows. Mattress and dinette table top had to be replaced. Didn't stop the leak. While set up at home, no leaks. Went on a camping trip, drove thru bad rain storm. At campground, found mattress and table/counter tops damaged. Back to dealer, they returned the camper to the factory and the complete roof, mattress, counter/dinette tops replaced again. So far, so good.
What the exact problem was, I don't know. I was told the factory has a way to pressurize the interior to show the location of the leak(s)
I wish you good luck in getting this resolved before any damage is done inside of the camper.

A-Frame Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof