Old 05-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #1

Warped roof panel?

When my 192hw is folded down there is a gap where the top roof section meets the bottom section. Does anyone else have this problem? I can't tell if the weather strip that the top section closes down on is worn out (like it doesn't spring back up enough) or if the bottom section should be flatter and straighter where the weather strip is. The gap where they meet isn't all the way across, just maybe for 8 inches or so in one area. Today it rained most of the day and I when I checked if any water was getting inside, there was water past the weather strip but just on top of the lower roof section and it didn't drip inside the camper luckily. Is there a fix for this besides sending it back to the dealer?

Old 05-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #2

If you partially raise the roof you should be able to sight across the roof edge to check for warp. That weather strip seems to be a weak link in the design. I always raise the front of the camper all the way up using the tongue jack when the roof is folded down to increase runoff and decrease the chance of water entering the camper.

Swampweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 07:27 PM   #3

Ok...so im thinking its time to have it looked at by the dealer
My 2011 is not the same...but ive ordered a new roof strip....due to wear and tear...cause we camp alot, compared to lmost people...
The roof is flat....oon both back and front....so any gaps , when both roof systems are not comprssing the strip sould be looked upon as a big issue

D-mo
Old 05-11-2016, 08:24 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I'll take some pictures and send them to the dealer and see what they say. In the mean time, while the camper is folded down I'll raise the jack to improve water run off.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:50 AM   #5

I have this problem when it is cool outside if there is sun and it heats up it straightens out and have a good seal but at the end of a day when it gets cooler the gap is back don't know what to do . We have bean lucky and no rain so far. We bought it just week ago.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #6

That's interesting. Mine is also sometimes a bigger gap than other times. I never thought that heat could be warping it. Until you can get the problem addressed I'd do as swamp weasel suggests and keep the front raised to drain water away from the gap.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #7

What will you do when driving down the road in rain? I'm taking mine to dealer I'll let them to fix it.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:59 AM   #8

Agreed. Please let us know what happens and how they fix it.
Old 05-13-2016, 05:22 PM   #9

The lip...between the two roof sections is at the back end of the unit...front connecting to back....with a compression gasket that prevents water from entering the roof on the b ack section....
This wears out....as im ordering another gasket...due to compression . ...but this is not a issue with these models...as the compression gasket is at least 1/4 inches above the roof line...and caulked both sides..
To new owners . ...dont torque down your roof sections....but give it a little love....annd all is good

D-mo
Old 05-15-2016, 10:10 PM   #10

I don't think the problem is in torquing the roof down too tight, at least in my case. I tried loosening up on the clamps and the gap just got worse. Maybe a new gasket would help but as you can see in the pictures there is definitely more of a problem than a worn out gasket. Besides... this camper isn't even a year old yet. Sorry looks like one of the pics turned sideways lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warp1.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	107997   Click image for larger version

Name:	warp2.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	107998   Click image for larger version

Name:	warp3.jpg
Views:	108