Old 04-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #11
Just read all the fine print, very fine print, and disclaimers. Like bean said above:

"Remember these companies make lots of money sell you the warranty. They lose money by paying for repairs. They will do anything they can to get out of paying for a repair. They will make you jump though so many hoops you'll think you are a circus lion."

You will have to prove that regular maintainance has been performed to collect on a claim.

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #12
Decided against the warranty from dealer you all are right, did talk To Good Sam. Anybody have their coverage or roadside service or use their services?

Jsusluvsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #13

Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
Also, remember your dealer has an incentive to sell this plan - they will get reportedly up to half the premium.
That is the kicker for me. The actual money collected to cover the expected loss is the indicator of the true value of the insurance policy. And because of the high sales commissions, extended warranties have a very low expected set asides relative to the premium collected. There is also an adverse selection problem. Those most likely buy the coverage are the ones who feel they are more likely to collect.

A good preventative maintenance plan can head off many of the sources of problems that might result in claims. So the extended warranties are, to me as someone who takes care of my property, a waste of money.

The only thing that it seems would be of value is coverage for gross manufactures errors, such as the failures of the old Fleetwood ABS roofs.

My thinking is that while our A Frame trailers are relatively new designs, they are substantially less complicated that the lift/roof system of a tent sided PUP and thus are substantially less likely to suffer such a dramatic failure when coming from a manufacturer with a reasonable history of reliability. Really building a PUP is old hat to Forest River.

I am tempted to say, "what could possibly go wrong with such a simple design," but that would only invite trouble.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #14
I have Good Sam emergency road service since 1992...that said, the only warranty that I purchased was the additional bumper to bumper year for $100- from Forest River which (for the price) also includes some lifetime ownership repair benefits as well. Ask your dealer or contact Sam @ Forest River warranty dept. This 100- is a small amount to pay for the peace of mind and less expense for unpredicted repairs.

The only appliance that needs to have proof of maintenance is the Dometic refrigerator. Must have it signed off annually.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #15
You changed your frig? Talked with good Sam today. They are changing how the price and bill may 1st, rep will call me in a week or so. Will pray on it. Thanks for all suggestions.
Jsusluvsyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #16
We also bought a tt from lazydays a month ago. It was used, and we got their extended warranty for our camper. It's a 2013 but the factory warranty does not cover 2nd owners. We like how lazydays work with their customers and the camper is a little expensive to have with no cover at all.

John, Lilly & the kids.
2013 Surveyor Select SV 305
2011 Toyota Tundra crew max 5.7
Camping Buddys is offline   Reply With Quote