Old 08-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #11

bubble window

Hi, After i purchased this spring my 2012 a128s rockwood model. I noticed the bubble Windows were hazy and scratched, after viewing different site i found this product on amazone (NOVUS PC-10 Plastic Clean & Shine - 8 oz.) .it comes as no.1 for clean and shine and no2 as scratch remover.. I used them both and my bubble Windows now look like new.. very satisfied..I hope this help.. WE love our "ROCKY"

http://www.amazon.ca/NOVUS-PC-10-Pla...plastic+polish

Old 08-29-2015, 06:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by couzi View Post
Hi, After i purchased this spring my 2012 a128s rockwood model. I noticed the bubble Windows were hazy and scratched, after viewing different site i found this product on amazone (NOVUS PC-10 Plastic Clean & Shine - 8 oz.) .it comes as no.1 for clean and shine and no2 as scratch remover.. I used them both and my bubble Windows now look like new.. very satisfied..I hope this help.. WE love our "ROCKY"

http://www.amazon.ca/NOVUS-PC-10-Pla...plastic+polish
So, did this stuff take away the sun haze? My son was saying to use the same stuff he uses to buff the TV headlights but seemed to me that it would scratch bubble windows. I am now keeping the windows covered with my popup gizmo covers ( with soft towel over windows ) so no more sun unless I am camping/traveling.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:07 PM   #13

Yes it did clear the sun haze. First I used the No 2, which removed the sun haze and also the light scratches I had. Then I finished the work by using the No 1, that buffs the window to a new condition..Now when I come back from a camping trip I clean the bubble window with that cleaner (NO: 1). On the bottle it says that the cleaner leaves a protective shine agains the sun.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:31 PM   #14

P.S. to DOBEFANATIC I just noticed you are from Florida.Probably your sun haze is worst than here in Canada. But for me it did make my window Crystal clear..... Maybe someone from your area could comment if they used that product..
Old 08-30-2015, 01:34 PM   #15

My son recommends Meguires Plastx polish from local auto parts store. I think he used a buffer with it on my headlights couple years ago. I think I would rather try what you have already been successful using than take a chance on my windows with Meguires.
The window catches some of the morning sun in carport so will keep it covered from now on as it is not yet very noticeable. Florida sun is horrible on tires and batteries too.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:38 AM   #16

I use vinegar and water, a soft mop and a step ladder with the camper opened. The vinegar is gentle on the finish and cuts through the road grime. Leaves the bubble windows nice a sparkly, too.
2015 Chevy Equinox
rmebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #17

Great tips for cleaning the windows! The service manager at a local RV center suggested that I use paint thinner to remove the leaf stains on the camper's roof.

Has anyone else used paint thinner to remove leaf stains or tree sap?
Old 09-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegKen View Post
Great tips for cleaning the windows! The service manager at a local RV center suggested that I use paint thinner to remove the leaf stains on the camper's roof.

Has anyone else used paint thinner to remove leaf stains or tree sap?
Doesn't sound right especially if the roof is rubber. I would think it would damage the rubber and make it break down .
Old 09-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #19

My A-frame has a fiberglass roof.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #20

Washing the roof of an A-frame

I have huge white pines by my driveway that drip "globs" of sap on the trailer. After talking with an auto detailing person, I use just a dab of acetone on a soft rag and that removes the sap quickly. I then put another dab of paste wax over the spot. Works for me.

Kdot

kdot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-frame, frame, roo, roof