Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #21
Mostly Harmless

I just fitted together a bunch of plastic plumbing parts while standing in the aisle at the store, then bought what fit. It was a couple of years ago, so I don't remember the sizes except that they are standard sizes. The plastic elbow that is attached to the drain fitting in the camper is, I think, a drain elbow for a garbage disposer. That runs into a union of the kind used to connect two pipes together. The black connector attached to the union came with my camper, tucked in the vinyl pouch with the water filter wrench and the appliance manuals. I took it with me to the store to be sure I was getting the right size parts. The clear hose at the end is whatever size fits the barb on the black connector.

If your camper didn't come with one of those black connectors, you may still be able to find something like it at a big box plumbing supply store. I suggest taking the cap off the trailer's drain fitting with you when you go, to help you get the right sizes. The cap is only held onto its plastic lanyard by a screw.

Later: I've been off trying to find a link on the Web to a place that sells the connector I mentioned. I think it would be called something like a "female PVC to hose barb adapter." I can't find one like the one in the pic I posted. I wonder if it would be an item that a camper supply store would carry?
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #22

thanks thehamguy1.. i found those parts in the bag like you said. i had no idea what they were for. off to the store to look for the elbow and hose.

thanks again.
ldurland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #23

The right angle adapter that fits the camper is a standard RV part. It connects to the 1.5 inch MPT outlet on out campers and ends on a MHT. The washer is a standard 1.5 inch part at hardware and big box home stores used for drain piping.

Amazon.com: Valterra T01-0091VP 1-1/2" x 3/4" 90° Drain Connector: Automotive

Valtera manufacturs an array of RV parts and accesories.

http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooneil View Post
The right angle adapter that fits the camper is a standard RV part. It connects to the 1.5 inch MPT outlet on out campers and ends on a MHT. The washer is a standard 1.5 inch part at hardware and big box home stores used for drain piping.

Amazon.com: Valterra T01-0091VP 1-1/2" x 3/4" 90° Drain Connector: Automotive

Valtera manufacturs an array of RV parts and accesories.

http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm
I bought a outside drain connection at camping world last month but I haven't used it yet. I assume it will work with the aquatainer
"The only journey is the one within."
— Rainer Maria Rilke
beyond-there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #25

How are things going with Hazelhut? Still gathering the neccesities? Dont forget to post photos of what you've done! Always enjoy seeing how creative A Frame owners are!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #26

Tom, just finished looking thru your Oz album - wish Id taken he time to click that link sooner to show DH what you did. He may eventually modify his grey water design, if he does- I'll be sure to reference our album for possible incorporation....you sure did alot of cool functional mods on your Niagra....does the A-Frame stand up to it's predecessor's memories?

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
Tom, just finished looking thru your Oz album - wish Id taken he time to click that link sooner to show DH what you did. He may eventually modify his grey water design, if he does- I'll be sure to reference our album for possible incorporation....you sure did alot of cool functional mods on your Niagra....does the A-Frame stand up to it's predecessor's memories?
I can only wish I had the mod skills of Oz and Us. He is a genius. And the inspiration for most of my mods.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamguy1 View Post
I go along with Tom and others recommending the Aquatainers. If all there is is the sink drain, anything else is overkill.

Attachment 33560

The hose normally extends into the Aquatainers but I'm parked on a hillside this time.
The same thing happened to me last week! Need to put a longer length of old garden hose onto the connector before we leave for the rally! I use an Aquatainer and empty it into the pit toilets daily as instructed by the Wisconsin State Park people at Hartmann Creek. Absolutely gorgeous camping this state park by the way!
Cyndilee is offline   Reply With Quote