Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #1

water leaks on a122s unit 4 months old

hi everone/just got back from fl camping trip.everthing fine except my a122s leaked all over my cushions and bedding /we had about 1 inch of snow and slush 1 day before our trip/unit was folded before we left/I hosed it down and removed ice and did not open unit until we arrive at camp ground/ I used fan to dry out cushions inside aframe and storage area on front/It rained for a hour or to during trip/ every thing dry on day we left fl/ we drove last 400 mile today and it leaked again in front dry storage area/ I put unit up at home/checked for leaks and fond none in living area/storage has some water in it but not as bad/has anyone had problems on leakage while unit folded??????? looks like dealer time/ it is 4 months old
Old 03-16-2014, 04:13 PM   #2

hello/are a frames with front storage more common to leak/please reply if you have had a problem? what can I do or look for???? /is there a thread on leaking units?
Old 03-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #3

I have the A122S also, but no leaks. Have driven in hard rain for about 200 miles first day I had it. And has been washed twice with it raised up, no leaks. You are right, dealer time. Hope it gets better for you.
2014 Tacoma 4x4
OutAndAbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #4

so .. you have a leak above the rear bed and in the front storage compartment?

d-mo
Old 03-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #5

d mo my leak is in front of unit possible in storage area /water was in storage area and it also leaked in dining area on cushions/ television got wet also it was on towels on cushions/seems to leak when unit is folded down /possible leaking from
gasket on push up door /is there a thread on any leaking areas on units that have extra storage like my s model with bin that raises and lowers/ like I said it leaks when it is the lowered position towing in rain or parked/thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #6

water leaks on a122s unit 4 months old

Check this out:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...dow-18896.html

So far I have no leaky problem with my 2012 A128S. Check all the seals around the roof for possible weakness.

I hope you find the source and please let us know where it was.

I guess you have no choice but to have the dealer fix it...

Good Luck!
ko777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #7

ok ... so it sounds like its not leaking from the windows .. thats a good thing..
to me it sounds like a seal maybe compromised around the lip of your storage bin, allowing water to enter there ..and then migrate to the interior of the camper. check the seal, do a bit of a water test if you can .. and try to isolate the leak.
its much better to find it before you go in for warranty work ... to the techs and you know what should be done.
i have had a leak similar to yours in a previous trailer with the same type of storage bin, i readjusted the weather stripping around the opening and all was good ...
if you have any small spider cracks in the front .. then this will be a problem .. and should be taken in to the dealerl for the warranty work ...

hope this helps ... d-mo
Old 03-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #8

I think you also need to be careful how you wash the camper. The A frame is designed to not leak when water falls from the sky. If you are using a hose and in effect forcing water up the wrong way, of course it will leak. It is not a submersible and the dealer will not warrant that.
RichardEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #9

thanks D mo. good place to start/I also had pop up in past that leaked around lid gasket/ could need replacing/waiting for rain to stop here in NC/unit is set up but not level still attached to TV. checked a few minutes ago and no water in dining area / I agree on storage box leak is possible.will test as best as I can when sun comes out/ what area should I look for for spider leaks? also is it a one piece wall between storage area and dinette? thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #10

Richard eb thanks for comment/yes I am aware of washing situation/had a aliner a few yrs back/this unit is leaking when pulling and when parked in down position/ of course it is when it has rained/ I did wash off unit to remove ice just before trip/ I keep hose pointing down at time/ it was totally dry when I left fl to come home/items in storage compartment were wet when I arrived home/ I washed aliner with long handle brush when I owned it/ stood on step ladder/ good point how do you suggest I wash it /I think it is leaking in storage box/ thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 05:22 PM   #11

possible bingo on water leak. found two bolts loose on left side of storage bin on front of unit/ 7/16 size. bolts are near hinge that goes all the way across the rear of lid/ tighten bolts and checked other two/gasket was not sealing and was pulling up as you closed storage lid/gasket is a little wrinkled at that location/ will let tech know what happened/ hope this cures leak/I will test it for leaks before I take it to dealer/ other problems are minor/left screw pulled out of mirror/ spare tire bracket loose/ fire ex bracket broke/ lift system appears to take much more lifting to raise roof/ I am 6 3 and the rear handle seems to have increased effort to start lift process/ has any members have any of these problems?? ps just trying to give feed back for group/
Old 03-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #12

As to roof raising, I'm 6'5" and the location of the handle to initially raise the roof is not in the absolute best position, sort of requires a "heave ho" as you start the lift to get beyond the balance point. If it were me I'd mount the handle higher to get better leverage but I know they mounted it lot to make it work for the majority of users. When lifting from a closed position, the location of the handle puts a good deal of the static weight of the roof on your lifting arms as well.... The bungee helpers more come into play about halfway raised, they are not capable of really contributing to the earliest part of the lift sequence IMHO.

The other issues you mention sound somewhat typical, minor nuts and bolts stuff... I had my own set but they were of about the same magnitude.

Glad you found the likely source of leak, I don't have the storage compartment so can't be of any help there.

Cheers.

Tags
a122, leak, water, water leak