Old 08-22-2016, 05:43 PM   #11
This happend to me a while back. My guess is that the pump was left on and one of the low point valves was leaking. So the pump gradually emptied the tank over a few weeks sitting at home. When I got to camp next time, the pump was not priming.

After disconnecting the intake filter, I put my hand to the intake. There was no suction. So I replaced the pump and swore to turn off the switch every time I break camp.

I swore a few other things to, but no need to repeat those.

Replacing is easy enough if that is what you need. Pipe up if you have any questions about it.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
This is not entirely related however my wife and I are Snowbirds (from Ontario). We go to Arizona every winter where we have a stored 37 foot
TT. Every year we have to remove the faucets & clean them due to the
hard water. Some faucets(not mine) have "filters" inside the legs for the
hot & cold hook ups which have to be removed and cleaned. Many people
are unaware of that.
So my point is cleaning the filters is something you should do yearly.

Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:21 AM   #13
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Check that your pump suction valve is lined up to the fresh water tank and not to the anti-freeze fill connection.
Apparently my A128s DOES have a valve that allows a connect to anti-freeze for winterizing. This is located on the tank just above the drain valve. If the valve is set to that connector rather than to the fresh water tank, it will only suck air into the water line.
2015 Rockwood A128S
2010 Rockwood 2604
2014 Ford F-250 CC SB 2WD
2008 Toyota Sequoia 2WD
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:05 AM   #14
Dirt in the pump

Our houseboat didn't come with a filter, and eventually some sand got into the pump. Shurflo pumps are diaphragm pumps and can pump empty without damage. Ours got sand in the diaphragm, and I had to take it apart to clean it. Not a difficult job. If you have a filter, it could just be clogged. Another possibility, is sand in the screen at the faucet. Most pumps are 45 to 50 psi, and our house pressure is 70, so it could force water through at the higher pressure. Just unscrew the end on the faucet to check. I've been amazed at how much sand is in our water system at home.
2009 Roo 21ss + 2007 Superduty 6.0
mnoland30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:58 PM   #15
Finally got around to taking a look to see what the issue was. Thanks again for all the tips. I checked the filter and it was good, checked the antifreeze line and it was good, checked the faucet screen and it was good. Finally unhooked both sides of the pump and tried it and there was no suction or blowing so the pump is hooped. Will call the dealership and I assume they won't have a problem replacing a 6 week old pump.

isthisidused is offline   Reply With Quote

faucet, water