Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #11
I just had to put in a new pump on my trailer. No antifreeze hose attached so I hand pumped through the city line when I winterized it in the fall. Didn't even think about the pump not being drained. I had to get a new pump and anti-freeze line - $170.00 CDN later and a few hours of squeezing me under the kitchen cabinet and it's done.

The manufacturer for the pump suggests to disconnect both intake and outlet hose from the pump and then put towels under and run it dry then turn it off and leave it disconnected for the winter. Leaving a sign for yourself that the plumbing is disconnected. I went with the anti-freeze hose option for next fall.

2005 Chevy Tahoe
2014 Surveyor Select SV 264
10 1/2 year old female yellow lab.
2015 - 44 Nights Camping
Beluga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #12
Do you have an outside shower? If you do and, one or both valves are left open, it can result in wonky water service.

jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #13
On my 2014 A122, I had a similar issue when I went to use water from the tank for the first time. Found a closed valve under the sink between the tank and the pump, right beside the low point drain. FWIW, my unit was winterized (delivered to Colorado in March).

The dealer did not install the water filter element in the filter (and suggested that I think twice before installing) casing, although they did show me how to do it on the PDI. After reading the horror stories on this forum, I have never put the filter element in, and will leave the filter casing untouched until I get around to bypassing it or installing a different filter.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122

pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote